The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
For members of GitLab's Security Assurance sub department, it is the goal of Security Compliance to:
- Enable security to scale through the definition of security controls and document the boundaries and applicability of the information security management system to establish its scope.
- Work across industries to support GitLab customers in their own compliance journey.
- Identify and mitigate GitLab information security risk through continuous control monitoring and automation.
Security Compliance professionals at GitLab focus on operating our security compliance programs and are proficient in all things security compliance. They are comfortable operating within our transparent compliance programs and understand how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks.
The dedicated markets specialty is for compliance professionals highly skilled in federal, financial, life sciences and other highly regulated markets. Areas of expertise include Federal, Financial and Quality domains.
It’s an exciting time to join our team.
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually -- instead, we focus on your results. You can work the hours you choose, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. You can also expect stock options and a competitive salary. Our compensation calculator will be shared with selected candidates before any interview.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) are fundamental to the success of GitLab. We want to infuse DIB in every way possible and in all that we do. We strive to create a transparent environment where all team members around the world feel that their voices are heard and welcomed. We also aim to be a place where people can show up as their full selves each day and contribute their best. With more than 100,000 organizations using GitLab, our goal is to have a team that is representative of our users.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Hire and oversee a world class team of security compliance engineers experienced in regulated markets
- Hold regular 1:1s with team members
- Work closely with the Manager, Security Compliance and provide requirements for the common control framework aligned with GitLab's dedicated markets certification roadmap
- Maintain a scoped continuous monitoring program aligned with GitLab's dedicated markets certification roadmap
- Execute quarterly POA&M activities, maintain SSP and manage significant change requests
- Proactively identify changing regulatory requirements and appropriately adjust the scope of the dedicated markets program to accommodate these changes
- Ensure execution of required testing and remediation activities leading to successful security certification(s) for dedicated markets
- Make broad recommendations on improving dedicated markets related processes and/or procedures across GitLab; partner with stakeholders to implement solutions
- Achieve and maintain Dedicated and dedicated markets security certifications, to include oversight of external audits
- Prepare and deliver meaningful metrics to Security Assurance leadership
- Identify and implement automation of manual processes to shorten processes and cycles
- Successfully execute on quarterly OKR(s)
You should apply if you bring:
- At least 3 years prior experience managing security compliance teams supporting regulated markets and FedRAMP ATO
- Experience leveraging OSCAL for SSP development and OSCAL validation tools for continuous control monitoring
- Detailed knowledge of regulated information security management frameworks, regulatory requirements and applicable standards such as: NIST 800-53/FedRAMP, NIST 800-171/CMMC, DoD IL, STIGs, FIPS 140-2, HITRUST, GxP, ISO 9001, SOC 1 and SOC 2
- Detailed knowledge of audit methodologies and standard deliverables
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this Security Management position typically follows four stages. The details of this process and our leveling structure can be found on our job family page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.