Manager, Sales Operations (Remote) at Interactions
Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of the Sales team, you will thrive at building relationships with the top brands in the country. The ideal candidate will work with sophisticated enterprises, enjoy pipeline generation, understand customer requirements, and determine how to solve problems for our clients.
The Manager of Sales Operations is responsible for leading, developing and driving functions essential for Sales force productivity and effectiveness. Ensure that the interaction between Sales and Customer Success operations is aligned with the larger company-wide strategy. This includes planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales enablement (i.e., training), sales compensation design and administration.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Bookings & Revenue Forecasting: Responsible for managing, aligning, and coordinating the resources, processes and technology that support the bookings and revenue forecasting process for the Sales/CSO organization.
- Identify, track and report on appropriate metrics. Provide the data support to ensure appropriate pipeline opportunity conversion and provide repeatable/accurate forecasting processes resulting in booking to plan. Manage data collection and perform trend analysis. Report on team performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Develop and manage best practice/data accuracy in Sales Force.
- Identify, track and report on key metrics. Provide leadership with data and analytics on pipeline opportunity. Develop and implement repeatable processes that accurately forecast progress against bookings and revenue plans.
- Manage and promote training across unified sales/CSO teams. Manage and enhance the sales enablement program (tools, materials, onboarding and training). Collaborate with head of Sales / CSO to mange and enhance sales ‘boot camp’.
- With input from Sales / CSO leadership team, develop and implement a comprehensive sales enablement program including but not limited to new hire boot camps and skills development programs for veteran team members.
- Develop and manage sales artifacts to ensure all materials are following best practice standards (Presentations, JEP and other selling tools).
- Working in collaboration with senior leadership team, provide guidance on headcount planning and named account allocation (territory) of our worldwide team.
- Compensation Planning and Administration: Collaborate with executive management on design and management of incentive compensation programs that directly align with the interests of the company.
- Empower the team to do their best work.
- Coach each team member on growing their skill set while continuing to support their success.
- Nurture and ensure team members feel they are valued.
- Relentless at removing obstacles for their team to help them get things done on time.
- Communicate well and foster open dialogue to encourage continuous learning.
- Help with career development.
- Share company direction and values to ensure people feel ownership for the success of the organization.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years sales operations experience
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience
- BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred
- Significant experience structuring and analyzing data and then developing reports designed to illuminate key insights
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of the key drivers of revenue growth
- Experience managing and/or leading SalesForce systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with leaders in other functions (e.g. Finance, HR, Technology)
- Experience developing and managing sales incentive plans
- Strong IT skills: Demonstrate high level of skill with salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Google Docs.
- Analytical Skills: Must possess inquisitive and analytical mind and knowledge of what insights are required to fully understand and evaluate team performance, and developing solutions to achieve them in an efficient manner.
- Organization Skills: Exceptional organizational skills, knowledge of and practical use of project management principles, instinct for execution and attention to detail.
- Communication Skills: Articulate and well spoken; able to interact with Senior Executives and be taken seriously. Requires effective writing skills.
- As this position will have visibility into the compensation of the sales team, trust and confidentiality are critical. A high degree of personal character and integrity is important.
- Strong familiarity with the contact center / customer care market space, operations environment, performance metrics and vendor ecosystem would be a major plus.
- Sales Enablement Manager
- Sales Operations team: Sales Ops analysts
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.