Manager, Risk Advisory at Capital One (Washington DC)
Manager, Risk Advisory
Retail Risk focuses on product design, innovation, customer experiences, and behind-the-scenes operations that allow our customers to bank with confidence. We're Changing Banking for Good by supporting our customers in their financial moments that matter, protecting our customers from financial threats, and protecting our business' position in the marketplace. Retail Risk Advisors navigate unstructured problems and manage change while demonstrating superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and executive presence. Retail Risk supports several areas to include branch and cafe customer experiences, bank operations, real estate, complaints, retail branch and cafe locations, plus so much more. In this role the core advisory responsibilities will include, but are not limited to performing risk assessments, mitigation plans, and control suit effectiveness.
If you have the passion to Protect our Customers and Protect our Bank, we need you!
As a Risk Advisor, you will:
- Advise and consult with self-directed teams to help develop well-designed products, practices, and processes
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with product owners, process managers, compliance advisors, legal counsel, auditors, and other risk associates
- Manage multiple tasks independently and/or through a team to meet deadlines
- Coordinate work between multiple areas and engage in multiple work streams, simultaneously; leveraging/influencing business partners to drive results
- Effectively work in non-binary space and bring structure to deliver on our well-managed agenda
- Oversee risk event remediation impacting customers stemming from process breakdowns or other problems, developing permanent corrective actions
- Support second line of defense assurance reviews, internal audits, and regulatory exams
- Lead a team of Risk professionals responsible for working across the division to oversee the first line risk assessments, and assist with establishing risk mitigation plans
- Own and lead team-wide initiatives aimed at improving team approaches, team engagement and/or our underlying risk policies and processes
Successful Risk Advisors in our culture are:
- Innovative, adaptive, and inclusive
- Exceptional communicators
- Able to blend strategic and tactical thinking and creative and analytical reasoning
- Creative, outside-the-box thinkers who have a customer-backed problem-solving approach
- Able to identify themes and apply learnings in highly ambiguous contexts
- Collaborative, team players with the ability to navigate and influence organizations
- Passionate about continuously learning
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in risk management, product management, financial services, or technology
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of people leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in risk management, financial services, technology, product management, compliance, or internal audit
- Technology and Data Risk experience or Technology or Data Control experiences
- Business Process Management certification, Lean or Green Belt Certification or 3+ years experience with core process management tools (Swim Lane, FMEA, RACI) Professional certification (i.e. CFE, CRM, CIA, etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).