Manager - Project Controls Scheduling at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Manager - Project Controls Scheduling
To manage and direct the activities and employees performing Program Scheduling functions. To support New Business Development in National Defense.
What You’ll Do:
- Select, motivate and counsel employees for programs in your assigned area.
- Administer training plans for employees; plan, organize, integrate and measure work performed within the department.
- Mentor/Train employees on department policies and procedures, Ball standards, industry best practices, and approved department software.
- Work with program, engineering and technical management to determine staffing requirements and assign staff as required on programs and proposals in your assigned area.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze management data, records and reports; inform and advise management on alternative courses of action.
- Integrate cost, schedule, contractual and political aspects of programs into long range planning and strategy.
- Manage the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. Audit programs on proper adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Resolve scheduling problems with program management and/or customer representatives.
- Act as a business advisor for program or department management in long range planning, operating year planning, performance analysis and staff forecasting.
- Provide guidance to program managers and program schedulers regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Assist estimators and program schedulers with proposal preparation and cost estimating.
- Assist program managers and program schedulers with schedule risk analysis and reporting.
- Review proposal and program flowdown requirements and work with the Program Scheduler to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in related field plus 10 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.