Manager, Professional Services - US East Coast at GitLab (Remote)
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab Professional Services enables customers and partners to realize the full value of GitLab solutions to increase operational efficiencies, deliver better products faster, and reduce security and compliance risks.Responsibilities
- Work with the Customer Success Director to help establish and manage goals and responsibilities for Professional Services Engineers
- Assist in development of thought leadership, event-specific, and customer-facing presentations
- Share hands-on technical preparation and presentation work for key accounts helping sell on the value of what GitLab professional services has to offer
- Ensure the Professional Services Engineers exceeds corporate expectations in core knowledge, communication, and execution
- Define and maintain a high bar for team member expectations and enable the team to achieve it
- Challenge the team and yourself to continually learn and grow as trusted advisors to clients
- Monitor performance of team members and provide timely feedback and development assistance
- Create, review, and approve formal statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Prepare weekly revenue forecast worksheet and create action plans to address issues
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used as a seasoned with experience leading teams of project managers and consultants in support of external customers
- Work together with our sales organization to propose, scope, and price professional services Statements of Work, including managing a PS sales overlay team
- Bring Professional Services team together with Solutions Architects and Technical Account Managers to plan and execute internal projects, ensure that teams have appropriate training and manage resources to deliver GitLab service offerings
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead services team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Ensure delivery model is focused on quality, cost effective delivery of services, and customer success outcomes
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
- Documents services provided to customers, including new code, techniques, and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the GitLab community
- Works with the Product Engineering and Support teams, to contribute documentation for GitLab
- Help build programs that the TAMs and PSEs will execute to effectively grow our enterprise customers
- Leadership experience
- Experienced in and with advanced insight to the GitLab platform
- Experienced in giving and received positive and constructive feedback
- Able to adapt to environmental change and retrospecting on success and failures
- Experienced in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- Proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting and management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will first be screened by a Recruiter
- Next, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with 2-4 Team members
- Finally, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with someone from the leadership team
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.