Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Manager of Portfolio Monetization Strategy and Business Operations to lead cross-portfolio, global monetization initiatives inclusive of packaging, pricing, feature tiering, and long-term business strategy to power revenue growth.
This role will give you the ability to partner closely with the executive team and stakeholders across the organization to define critical strategy that will help set the strategic direction of the business. Do you consider yourself someone who's strategic, a self-starter, driven, adaptable, highly organized, analytical, and has a strong eye for detail? If so, read on!
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with executive leaders across the company. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the packaging and pricing proposals you develop are positioned to drive future growth. In the process, you’ll get to work closely with a collaborative team that will help you develop professionally.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Identify monetization opportunities by having your pulse on the business and inspire change by working closely with cross-functional partners across analytics, finance, product, marketing, and sales
- Conduct customer, competitive, and financial research to develop insights and drive packaging and pricing recommendations
- Formulate and present critical packaging and pricing recommendations to the executive team
- Transform findings into impactful recommendations, and work closely with cross functional teams to execute on the recommendations
On your first day we'll expect you to:
- 6+ years of experience in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, and/or pricing and packaging
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on higher level strategy
- Bring an analytical rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences
- Be a self-starter and be able to drive work from idea, to analysis, to recommendation and, at times, to implementation
- Demonstrate strong executive presence and exceptional verbal / written communication skills
- Have an understanding of SaaS business models and of enterprise sales
- Have strong proficiency in Excel (bonus points for experience using SQL)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience in crafting and executing marketing and customer research via quantitative methods and experiments
- Experience in a pricing and packaging role at a SaaS company and/or experience with pricing and packaging projects
- An understanding of Atlassian’s market and strategy
- Advanced degree, such as an MBA
More about our Strategy & Business Operations team:
The Strategy & Business Operations team is a hardworking and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving strategy and growth through monetization, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed work closely with leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, sales, product, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.