Join VillageMD as a Manager, Population Health Operations in Atlanta, GA
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager, Population Health Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Our Population Health Operations team is central to our model of care and works hand in hand with primary care providers to change the local landscape of care delivery. As a Manager, Population Health Operations at our organization you will be a key partner implementing population health management capabilities across a network of primary care medical clinics.
Could this be you?
In this role, you will oversee the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts. You will collaborate with VillageMD market teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience. This oversight will require you to design, monitor and continually improve processes and the team that supports our network providers in value-based care, managing to cost and revenue targets. It is also expected that you drive engagement between patients and clinicians. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
How you can make a difference
- Collaborate with management and operations team members to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost, of care delivered
- Build strong, credible working relationships with physicians and their staff to develop a partnership centered on driving meaningful change in care delivery
- Ensure successful practice performance under value-based contracts
- Run operational policies and procedures related to VillageMD market operations and services for network practices
- Facilitating educational onboarding across core VillageMD model workstreams and implementation activities for market partner audience of providers, practice staff, and internal MSO staff
- Identifying quality measure improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value-based contracts
Skills for success
- Prior, hands-on experience with value-based care initiatives and/or positively influencing quality outcomes is a requirement to lead market partners in a new healthcare paradigm
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent track record of both autonomous and team-facilitated execution with a sense of personal accountability for delivering results
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to craft relevant relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups will be integral to success in this role
- Ability to work alongside physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to effect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results
- Developing and owning relationships with key stakeholders while maintaining clear lines of communication to ensure alignment for shared implementation goals and outcomes
- Relevant experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Earnest interest and shown success in supporting professional development of direct reports while actively handling their contributions to the market and business at large
- A consistent track record of leadership including the ability to achieve results with and through others
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Finesse in partnering with physicians on change management initiatives
- The knowledge to validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
Experience to drive change
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field required
- Minimum of 6 years of management experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with exposure to healthcare consulting or start-up environment
- Experience with Population Management and Value-Based Care operations
- Validated ability to implement data into practice; respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Direct experience working with physicians including the ability to use data to influence physician behavior
- Demonstrated experience scoping, initializing, and operationalizing large-scale initiatives
- Superior relationship management and talent development skills
- Consistent record of working with and through others to influence desired outcomes
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and a desire to contribute to others’ success through influencing their personal and professional growth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Experience working with electronic medical records and healthcare financial and operational data and reporting is strongly preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.