Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
At Reddit, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day as we work towards our vision to create a welcoming experience where anyone in the world feels a sense of community and belonging. Building this foundation of trust with the people on Reddit is core to our mission, and this role will support the evolution of our approach to ensuring safety, security, and privacy are built into every feature, and available to every user.
The Manager of the Platform Trust is responsible for building out and scaling up our risk assessment program for new technology and features, and consulting with stakeholders to ensure our offerings to users are safe, secure, and privacy-first.. This leader will work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Security, Privacy, Safety, and Community teams to ensure that we have Trust baked into our product portfolio while also supporting rapid development and innovation of great new experiences for the people on Reddit.
What You’ll Do:
- Build an assessment program that is aligned with Reddit’s SDLC that can be used across the Reddit platform to identify existing and potential risks affecting our users and communities, including Security, Privacy, Safety, and Fraud
- Evolve our approach to Product Trust and Risk by implementing a fast and friendly assessment process (starting at ideation and continuing through launches) that includes regular portfolio-level reporting, transparency for decision-makers, ensures lessons learned are incorporated into future thinking, and design anti-pattern reviews
- Collaborate with Privacy, Community, Policy, and Legal teams to ensure that products and risk solutions are in compliance
- Partner with Product Managers and related stakeholders to identify, predict and bring insight into how trust with a product could be compromised, and options for mitigating those issues
- Advise and guide Product Engineering teams through the design and building of safe products or risk solutions in partnership with our Trust Architects
- Participate in Product Trust-related post-mortems and after-action reviews, to understand design anti-patterns and find potential “leading indicator” metrics that may be useful in identifying Trust problems post-launch
- Collaborate with Analytics and Operations teams to discover new concerns and ensure that identified risks are mitigated and monitored
- Continue to educate the company about Security, Privacy, Fraud, and Safety Risks
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5-8 years working in technology management, with deep experience in some combination of behavioral analytics, risk management, anti-abuse, anti-fraud, anti-spam, product security, data protection, consumer privacy, or compliance context.
- A track record of successful partnerships with internal stakeholders to convert privacy and cybersecurity principles and obligations into safer, more secure products
- Direct experience scoping and executing risk assessments and threat modeling focused on user-facing features and optimizing for safe behavioral outcomes
- Process-oriented and looking for ways to make a team’s work simpler, more consistent, more efficient, and more effective
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams
- Highly collaborative with the ability to navigate and thrive in a matrixed organization
- Strategic mindset paired with the ability to roll up your sleeves and do the heavy lifting
- Data-driven and able to apply analytical rigor in support of ideas and proposals, both in articulating problems and finding solutions
- Community-minded and optimistic: highly empathetic and motivated by work that serves the greater good
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong
- Detail-oriented enough to read all the way through a job description
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months of Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].