Manager Network DevOps at LivePerson
Manager Network DevOps
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build systems that are simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About this role:
If you are a Network DevOps Ninja and you have a strong passion for building private and public infrastructure and platforms at scale using open source tools you should strongly consider joining LivePerson's production Cloud Services Platform & DevOps Group.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organisation. This candidate must display a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment at all times by promoting superior service to clients. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing IT support to cross functional teams. Specifically, the Manager Network DevOps will interact directly with our high-profile, elite client base ensuring they receive our first-rate service. This position will be responsible for all network and security designs, implementations, and day-to-day support for various client network infrastructures. This role will help lead the adoption of Public Cloud solutions as LivePerson starts its migration. This role will also be an integral part in handling various networking functions including security and firewalling while leveraging their Cisco/Arista and Public Cloud expertise.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of 4 network devops engineers
- Work with the team to enhance production stability, availability, resiliency, and reliability
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions. (added value knowledge in disaster recovery).
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, WLAN, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA), telecommunication (Cisco Voip) .
- Provide support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity.
- Research networking issues and products as required and leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions.
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly-sensitive RFA client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
You should be an expert in:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent level of hands-on experience
- 7-10 years of related IT experience in Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto.
- Must have 8+ years of network engineering experience.
- Must have CCIE certification or in progress.
- Experience in Data Center Design.
- Experience in Public Cloud migration from on-premise.
- Has been involved in Network Design Architect work.
- Advanced Routing and Switching Experience with Cisco/Arista Switches.
- Must have hands on knowledge fortigate firewall experience
- Must have hands on knowledge, configuration and deploy Arista,Cisco switches \ routers experience.
- Must have hands on knowledge Cisco WLAN controller \ Meraki
- Impeccable verbal/written communication.
- Strong understanding of routing, WAN/LAN, and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS).
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Office productivity software and Visio/Lucidcharts for network architectures design.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools (Kentik) and topology (ThousandEyes).
Why you will love working here
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements