Manager, Materials Management at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are seeking an energetic and meticulous materials management expert to join our Global Logistics and Asset Management team as a Manager, Ancillary Materials . Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Logistics & Asset Management, the position can be based either remotely or in one of our offices. You will develop materials management controls that support data center deployments globally.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with internal partners in capacity management, DC Operations and Procurement to secure ancillary materials for all of our data-center builds and augments
- Develop, alongside Capacity Planning, a Sales & Operations Process (S&OP) to secure a supply plan against a rolling global demand
- Collaborate with Capacity Planning, Logistics and Program Manager (PM) to ensure the continuity of supply to meet on-time execution of the multiple phase builds and augments
- Effectively communicate in advance where potential material shortages may jeopardize program timelines/milestones to relevant stakeholders
- Work with procurement and external suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for ancillary components, specifying quantity and frequency targeting on-time delivery; and coordinate with Logistics as needed
- Work with Infrastructure leadership to assess and implement an advanced planning system where scenarios and true demand forecast may be captured and a supply plan created
- Develop & conduct cycle count inventory processes with warehouse partners to ensure accuracy and timely execution and ancillary inventory availability
- Support Infrastructure Management in working with Finance on COGS budget and subsequent tracking budget vs forecast and actuals
- Readiness to deal with the changing landscape/scope of work as issues arise
- Absolute meticulous attention to detail and a deep desire to keep tip top records
- 4-7 years of experience in materials management and forecasting
- 2-3 years of experience in S&OP preferred
- Experience in leading small teams
- Expert in Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Exercise judgement to balance introducing process and becoming a bottleneck
- Resourceful and adaptable in a rapidly growing environment
- Exposure to—or interest in—cloud services, data center, networking and various types of server technology would be a plus
- 3-5 years experience as a direct manager with a history of empowering employees to be accountable and deliver quality results
- Solid experience in team building, both direct and cross functional
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!