Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing end to end operations for the Health Home Program, including operational components of HARP member connection to Home and Community Based Services. You will create and maintain Health Home related policies, participate in coalitions, NYS DOH sponsored meetings, or related local government supported meetings, and act as the point person to EmblemHealth for all things Health Home-related. You will also be the point person for all central Cityblock resources that are helping to support the program, including Data, Operations, Clinical Build, Training and Development, and Product. In this role, you will ensure that the Health Home requirements are built into the Cityblock care model, so that the member experience will remain unchanged. You will also act as a support for the care team members who are supporting a Health Home and/or HARP population, assisting with connection to outside Health Homes, HCBS providers, and providing general resources/updates.
- Provide administrative support, coordination, and oversight in the implementation of programmatic policy and procedure with direction from key stakeholders
- Coordinate oversight of administrative, data, training, and product components of the program
- Manage operations for strategic projects in support of program goals and objectives and in alignment with policy and regulatory/sponsor compliance requirements
- Provide decision support for market leadership by preparing materials, progress reports, and data analyses for active projects and initiatives under consideration.
- Implement operational policies and procedures and ensure operational efficiency is maintained alongside hub/care team leadership
- Manage operational issues related to program activities and recommend solutions as appropriate.
- Review projects in progress and/or at completion to evaluate effectiveness, ensure compliance, and inform future program strategies
- Set care team members up for success by maintaining an awareness of new initiatives/needs/requirements and building needs in to existing workflows, or providing necessary resources if needed
- Analyze new programmatic opportunities as they arise (e.g. MLTC) and determine the operational and care model implications
Requirements for the Role:
- You have worked within the Health Home or other Medicaid Programs in the past
- You have familiarity with Care Management, primary care, and/or behavioral health programs and practices
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment where independence, flexibility and adaptability are required
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects
- You are an ambitious self-starter with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You bring a rigorous attention to detail
- You have excellent communication skills and can modulate content thoughtfully for audience scale and seniority
- You have experience presenting to and interacting with stakeholders in a consultative manner and as a leader in a collaborative environment
- You have strong strategic and critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, processes, data, and outcomes
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience managing a Health Home specifically
- Ability to complete data analysis/comfort in reporting
- Experience in a technology-enabled healthcare setting
- Advanced proficiency in Google Suite
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.