Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The current Reddit Information Technology organization is rapidly developing and this is an opportunity to help shape a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for a humble and capable mentor with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of IT. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
The Manager of IT Systems and Infrastructure will play a critical role in enabling Reddit by expanding and growing our systems and cloud infrastructure services to support internal technology initiatives. They will work closely with leaders in our Business Applications and IT Engineering organizations to strategically align functions across IT to better enable and support enterprise applications, end user services, and corporate infrastructure. The Manager of IT Systems and Infrastructure will be a trusted partner of:
- The Security organization, to ensure safe and compliant controls across our internal corporate services and infrastructure
- The Privacy organization, to ensure compliance in our data handling practices and audit reporting.
- The larger technology org, especially Infrastructure in order to manage our IAM deployments from Cloud and SaaS tools, all the way through to the production and product environments
- Reddit’s Global Experience team to streamline and support our global growth, while working to enable Snoos to work effectively anywhere in the world, at home or in an office
They will also help to empower the business by providing tools, processes, and services to act as the glue between technology and function that allows our Snoos to enable Reddit.
- Lead and mentor a growing global team who manage our core SaaS services, and build our cloud based IT infrastructure
- Manage a team that facilitates system administration, SaaS management, internal tool development, and infrastructure services in a compliant way.
- Build scalable and compliant endpoint management frameworks across MacOS, Windows, Chrome, and Linux
- Define identity and access management workflows that are automated, auditable, and resilient at a global scale; all with an eye to enabling a zero-trust approach to authentication and access
- Manage escalations as it relates to System Engineering and IT Operations
- Ensure Infrastructure and SaaS services are resilient, secure, and can scale for rapid growth in order to provide a seamless user experience for all Snoos.
- Develop reporting and metrics to make sure third party providers (and other IT vendors) meet service-levels and contractual agreements.
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong
- Team focused with an ability to mentor and encourage a group of humans with a wide range of skills and experiences
- 3+ years of combined IT and personnel management
- 5-7 years working in IT or Security at global scale
- Leader: internally, able to influence and engage; externally, is able to recruit the best talent.
- Experience in the administration of cloud based services and tools including Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Slack, Google Workspace, Okta, Duo Security, Jamf, and WorkSpace One
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage global programs related to IT Security, Endpoint Management, and Identity and Access Management functions
- Experience with CI/CD systems on AWS
- Passion for automation and a DevOps culture
- You have a deep understanding of security best practices and a solid understanding of compliance requirements (SOC2, SOX, PCI).
- Experience maturing processes. Has had the opportunity to be a part of an IT organization during various stages of growth from IPO readiness, all the way to being a successful public company
Self-aware, decisive, collaborative, sense of humor, curious, honest.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].