Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a curious and motivated IT Manager who’s excited to help us scale our IT Services Management to support a rapidly growing user base of over 1000 employees. Your primary responsibility will be to support our People, Places, and Events - enabling our employees to do their absolute best work. This includes coaching and developing our IT team as well as organizing operations, managing contracts, building vendor relationships, developing and refining systems, coordinating small projects, and building processes to provide the best customer experiences.In this role, you will:
- Lead Technical Support: Optimize and make a positive employee support experience. Create smooth hand-offs between Tier 1, 2 and 3 support Work with the team to establish best practices and build processes to ensure execution
- Excel at team management: Hire and develop our global IT Team; scale the global team by having a team first mentality
- Project Management: Ensure customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating specific information technology deliverables; including the overall program/project plan, structure, schedule and staffing requirements
- Own IT Systems: Own and optimize core tools and systems that power Samsara. (Cisco Meraki, Okta, Zoom, Zendesk, and RingCentral)
- Manage IT Service Levels (SLAs): has ownership of operational metrics, SLAs, industry benchmark and drives operational excellence for the department by managing business partner satisfaction by driving outbound engagement to understand satisfaction or challenges with the services provided
- Partner with Security & Compliance: Drive core security and compliance projects to ensure we’re protecting our information assets
- Lead events and experiences: Connect the company by delivering the highest quality A/V experiences for both remote and in-person events
- Excel at executive communication: Be a clear communicator to our executive leadership, about the state and strategy of Core IT Services & Operations
- Champion and role model Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years experience in IT services, technical support, or systems admin
- Looking to move from a team lead role into a more managerial capacity or someone early in their managerial career
- Aptitude for energizing teams and successfully managing people
- Expertise in IT systems, networks, operations, and cloud systems
- Strong analytical and project coordination skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes
An ideal candidate also has:
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience managing technical contracts for an IT department
- BA/BS with a technical degree (Computer Science/Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Able to thrive in a fast growing organization
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.