Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
As Stash’s first Business Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and coalescing a team of Business Engineers, creating and delivering internal infrastructure and systems to improve the overall value and performance of the organization.
You will play a key role in the IT organization and will partner with various stakeholders to propel the tactical and strategic momentum of the team by building and improving business processes and supporting initiatives to continuously improve, integrate, and automate systems.
This role’s team is responsible for helping build and supporting back office applications such as Workday, NetSuite, CRM, and other business processes rife for automation.
Your team will ensure business systems are leveraged and architected in ways that will scale.
What you’ll do:
- Create a culture of automation when it comes to business processes and BPMS-driven strategies
- Manage, hire, support, and grow a team of Business Engineers, including performance management and career development
- Evaluate current business systems and relevant processes and recommend better solutions to improve efficiency. Streamline business processes and applications with automation and technology
- Partner with Business teams to support HRIS, ERP, CRM, Business Process Management and Workflows.
- Work with the IT Operations Engineering, IT Systems Engineering, and Security teams and other stakeholders to collaborate on improvements and scaling of Business systems
- Provide oversight for critical Finance, People & Talent, and CRM tools used internally
- Drive process and proactively identify and address technical issues and opportunities for automation
- Develop a team with capabilities to be systems administrators when needed
- Own relationships with external vendors, including SLAs and licensing
- Responsible for reporting on key performance metrics and making data-driven decisions
- Develop a roadmap and strategy for the IT Business Engineering team
- Build operational and business knowledge of how systems are used by internal employees while proposing and implementing automation wherever possible
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years managing IT Business systems, with demonstrable work in one of the following: NetSuite, Workday, ServiceNow, or Salesforce)
- At least 5-7 years experience with direct reports, owning and driving IT Projects and deliverables
- Startup experience in a fast growing company preferred
- Impeccable written communication and documentation skills. Verbally able to convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Substantive experience using Atlassian products, including JIRA, Confluence, Atlassian Access, Asana
- Mind-set for automation and an In-depth experience with automation tools such as Zapier, Workato, Mulesoft, Celigo, SnapLogic, etc.,
- Demonstrable experience with RPAs
- Knowledge of industry compliance and audit standards (e.g., PCI, SOC2, etc.,)
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**