At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, IP Network Operations to join our growing team! As Manager, IP Network Operations, you will report to the Director, Network Operations and will be responsible for leading the IP network operations centers (NOCs) teams that provide surveillance and maintenance capability for specific functional areas of our large telecommunications network. You will have extensive experience and a high degree of technical and process competencies while providing support to Brightspeed network services. This position assumes ownership and accountability in managing network issues and provides leadership, guidance, and assistance across different segments. Principle work includes identifying ways to improve Network Reliability and Customer Satisfaction with service provider networks. You will also also mentor operational engineers, perform monitoring systems administration, identify automation requirements, and work with automation developers. In addition, you will be required to have a strong background and understanding of telecommunications NOC support systems and processes. You will work with your peers in IT along with strategic vendor partners and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
As Manager, IP Network Operations, your duties will include:
- Manage a team that will troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Successfully implement network and device maintenance requests
- Provide high-level technical & engineering feedback for network performance management configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, and routing as it would affect performance management
- Work with network vendor providers troubleshooting and administering network devices
- Monitor and analyze performance across networks and underlying automation deployments
- Develop and oversee technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex solution design feedback
- Develop & document process flows
- Contribute to advancing current knowledge base for network device troubleshooting, design, and support documentation
- Identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems
- Provide ideas and improvements for automated systems towards improving network operations efficiencies
- Properly document network issue resolution and identification through operational ticketing systems
- Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed
- Act as liaison between customer facing teams, network operations centers, vendor support teams, and peer networks as needed
- Support a team on a shift rotation required in a 7 x 24 network support operation
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Nokia platforms
- Layers 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management
- Advanced understanding of internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations
- Advanced customer service, organizational interaction, and teamwork skills
- Proficient and proven knowledge base in DNS, Scripting applications related to network architecture and support
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
- IP Certification
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.