Manager, Information Security at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we’re using USD Coin under the hood). Over the next 12 months, we’re going to rapidly grow our API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet. The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, and partners; and the financial markets upon which we rely. The security team leads the company’s programs for information security and cybersecurity, business continuity, and vendor risk management. As a leader within the Security organization, you’ll build and lead a team that is responsible for key areas of the security program while collaborating across Circle’s business functions. You will continue to learn and stay current in a fun and rapidly changing environment.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with security leadership and peers across the organization to understand data processing needs and ensure systems and processes are secured.
- Understand the manual and automated processes for handling data in support of business processes.
- Lead team projects in support of security initiatives and organizational growth based on Circles business plan.
- Build a team responsible for securing confidential information across Circle’s internal systems.
- As a technology leader with hands-on experience, develop a team with deep technical skills; coach and mentor individual contributors.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations, industry best practices, and customer obligations.
- Collaborate with security leadership to automate key security tasks using either industry tools or custom tools as required by the situation.
- Lead data discovery activities in support of GDPR, PCI, and other requirements.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to develop, integrate, operate, and maintain solutions, processes, and teams responsible for system hardening, mobile device management, data leakage prevention, antivirus, SaaS application security, and remote access.
- Ensure that IT solutions are patriated into security monitoring programs including vulnerability testing and management, logging and monitoring, and incident response.
- Oversee threat modeling, risk assessment, security assessments, and security testing efforts; collaborate with security leadership, and system and process owners to mitigate identified risks.
- Enforce security standards for adoption and integration with SaaS and cloud-based solutions; ensure CUECs are fully implemented.
- Collaborate across teams to ensure proper handling and retention of customer data by staff; develop procedures and set enforce standards.
- Recommend and help define product features related to customer data handling as required.
- Research and recommend new tools in support of business requirements.
- Support the development and enhancement of security controls.
- Lead the development and automation of control tests.
- Write documentation such as procedures, reports, training materials, and user guides.
- Support other security team projects such as regulatory exams and audits.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management.
- Proven team building and team leadership experience.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams with quickly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgement to establish order of priorities on the fly.
- Experience with contemporary privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA.
- Experience working with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is highly desirable.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCFA, GNFA, GCIA, GCIH or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required.
- 7+ years of overall technology experience with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Experience implementing and integrating SaaS solutions to provide enterprise-grade security capabilities.
- Strong enthusiasm for automating repetitive tasks.
- Software development skills in languages such as Python, Golang, or similar are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote