See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager of Sales Strategy & Analytics!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and dreamers to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As the Manager of Sales Strategy & Analytics, you will be the primary business partner supporting our Specialist sales organization. You will be stepping in to deliver impactful insights, provide thought leadership that is supported by data and advanced analytics and deliver strategic partnership to our growing Specialist sales organization. You will own and drive continual improvement into critical operational cadences including insightful forecasting, supporting and driving the annual planning responsibilities for Specialists and orchestration of strategic initiatives. You will be a builder and leverage your entrepreneurial spirit to deliver a world-class level of support and strategic insight to a critical sales organization.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be a dedicated partner to our VP of Specialist Sales and Specialist sales leadership
- Be an owner for all reporting, planning and data analysis required to deliver business insights that drive and support leadership with strategic decision making
- Collaborate closely with business owners across functions, fully immerse yourself in data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations
- Act as a senior project manager leading transformational cross-functional initiatives (business process, systems, etc). You must get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact
- Craft and complete key workstreams in annual planning and in-year planning revisions
- Communicate recommendations to senior executives, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and handle the ongoing impact of the recommendations put forth. Drive thorough quarterly business reviews
- Constantly strive for progress, regularly identifying areas of improvement that support the organization achieving it core objectives with a specific focus on key metrics, tooling and process
- Be an owner that takes the initiative, operating with a high level of autonomy, leveraging your experience and business intuition to take action
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experienced and comfortable providing structured critical thinking, analytical processing, problem solving and synthesized ideas through stellar written and verbal communication to all levels of leadership
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments, including the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize, recognizing and aligning deliverables to business objectives
- Become the trusted advisor and thought partner to senior sales leadership, helping to shape the strategy that will deliver world class results
- Have strong experience and working knowledge of Salesforce, G Suite, Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations or sales strategy, ideally in the software industry
- This role is fully remote and may sit anywhere within the United States.
- Minimal to no travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.