Contentful is looking for a Manager, Global Commissions to effectively build, lead and manage an eventual multi-location team which is responsible for calculating, auditing and paying global commissions and go to market related bonuses and draws. The ideal candidate for this role will bring their proven experience to leverage best in class, people, processes and systems to effectively meet the current and anticipated commissions needs of the business. This role will also be involved in, and lead their team in, closely collaborating with the Sales, Sales Ops, People, Accounting, Finance and Legal teams.What to expect?
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team, consisting of and leveraging world class tools, processes, and personnel, to deliver against the responsibilities and objectives of the function.
- Effective, accurate, timely, confidential, and efficient processing, calculating, auditing and payment of all global commissions and go to market related bonuses and draws. For clarity, this role does not include responsibility for commission plan design.
- Effective, accurate and timely, confidential preparation, audit, and submission to the Controllership team of all monthly global commissions and go to market related bonuses and draws accruals requirements. This also includes the ability to assist the Controllership team in analyzing the accuracy of final commissions related comp expense in the G/L and related balance sheet accounts and reporting out monthly on the accuracy of the results and explaining any large or unusual fluctuations.
- Coordinate with the commissions tool professional services and CSM teams to ensure Contentful’s automated commissions tool is effectively configured and optimized to automate the calculation of all commissions and, to the extent possible, go to market bonuses and draws before the commissions are in effect and due. Provide timely and effective escalation to leadership and feedback to Sales Ops when variable plan proposals are structured such that they cannot be automated.
- Effectively collaborate with the Sales Ops, People and Business Systems teams to ensure all new plans, and changes to existing plans, for each new fiscal year are effectively and timely configured and tested in the automated tool in time to systematically calculate all payments due before the first payroll deadline in the new fiscal year.
- Effectively collaborate with the global Sales, Sales Ops, People, Accounting, Finance and Legal teams on general commissions matters with cross functional impact. This specifically, but is not limited to, new hire processes, new mid-fiscal year commission or go to market bonus program changes, and terminations processes. Influence the outcome to optimize the trade-off between stakeholder satisfaction and time to market with the global commissions needs for effectiveness and efficiency of processing and accounting.
- Timely, professionally, and effectively manage and resolve incoming variable plan participants tickets and ad hoc inquiries.
- Assist with overseeing the implementation, maintenance and recurring optimization of commissions tools, processes and policies including readouts and escalation strategies to effectively identify and communicate the global commissions process deficiencies. Process should be such that critical issues are detected, analyzed, escalated if required, and ultimately resolved timely with minimal impact to the accuracy of global commissions and go to market related bonuses and draws paid and the related financial statements.
- Assist as needed with commissions matters for the auditors, including accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all audit related requests.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 or more years relevant work experience in commissions
- Including, 2 or more years of management experience
- Experience with Variable Compensation Plans covering more than 500 participants
- Experience global Variable Compensation Plans a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
- Power user level experience with commissions automation tools
- Commissions system and process architecture, troubleshooting, reengineering and mapping a plus
- Project team level participation in new systems implementations a strong plus
- Interacting with external parties including auditors and other service providers
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Effective team and individual management practices.
- High-functioning, working knowledge of Variable Compensation Plan architectures, terminology and application
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a growing, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.