Manager, Fulfillment Operations at Instacart
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart is seeking a Manager, Fulfillment Operations for the Operations team.
About the team: You’ll be joining a team that owns innovation in operations and works cross-functionally to bring new fulfillment solutions to market in partnership with retailers. This team is charged with creating step change improvements in growth, customer experience, operations, and shopper experience as we focus on creating new solutions across our multiple operating models that accelerate the future of grocery.
Highlights: Manage on-the-ground operations of new facilities designed to improve our partnerships with retail partners and enhance their fulfillment capabilities in the Miami region.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Serve as the owner and leader for on-the-ground operations teams
- Build a high-performing team of associates, supervisors, and managers who deliver exceptional customer service and business results through zero-defect execution
- Serve as a critical thought partner and collaborator to central teams, retail partners, and vendors as we refine and scale our new and innovative fulfillment solutions
- As our company values say, “roll up your sleeves” as we focus on driving day-to-day excellence across your sites: You will train associates, build shelving, hang signage, troubleshoot devices, pick test orders, and much more as we bring new business lines to life together
- Expect heavy travel (will vary depending on launch schedule and your location). Your job will require you to be physically present in your sites every day, and sites will be spread across multiple markets
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience as a leader in retail stores, fulfillment centers, warehouses, or similar (grocery, ecommerce, retail, or similar related experience preferred)
- Demonstrated success as a manager of managers. Passion for leading and developing hourly associates, supervisors, and managers
- Commitment to exceptional customer service and operational execution. Build a culture of excellence for your team. Continuously identify and eliminate waste as we strive to deliver best-in-class service with industry-leading efficiency. Lean Six Sigma or similar experience preferred
- Confront operating with the ambiguity, expectation of change, and rapid pace of play that comes with working at a startup
- Data-driven mindset. Interpret dashboards and reports, and use data storytelling to quantify and illuminate improvement opportunities, as you work with cross-functional stakeholders to refine our operating model
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.