Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Manager, Federal Affairs that possesses a sophisticated understanding of how the federal government makes policy and laws to join our Government Affairs team. The ideal candidate will ensure close collaboration and alignment amongst cross-functional teams relating to JUUL Labs’ mission and priorities.
- Work with legal, scientific engagement and content teams to create tools to assist in managing ongoing issues, including developing briefing notes, position statements, and participating in the development of relevant reports and communications materials.
- Provide support for GR executive communications and engagement, and internal presentation materials.
- Coordinate PAC and corporate political budgets in collaboration with the PAC and government affairs teams.
- Track and analyze legislation in support of federal government affairs, legal and compliance efforts.
- Support government affairs team with scheduling meetings and hosting events with executives and external stakeholders.
- Miscellaneous duties to include tracking Congressional hearings, memo writing, etc.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years in Congress, trade association or think tank experience.
- Has developed skill – in either a corporate, trade, consulting or campaign setting – blending policy research and policy strategies into effective, integrated plans to influence desired outcomes with elected officials.
- Attention to detail and effective time management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to distill and communicate complex policy issues clearly and concisely.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and legislative tracking platforms (i.e., Quorum).
- An undergraduate degree, with a law or other relevant graduate degree desired.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits