Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are key experts in building and operating Gemini’s world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Manager, End User Technology
As manager of the End User Technology team, you’ll be supporting and managing the technology powering Gemini’s offices and astronauts - employee hardware and software. You’ll support both the internal corporate systems that enable Gemini employees to be productive and successful, as well as the office technology like our AV systems. This is a unique opportunity to provide support to the entire organization across multiple offices, and our remote employees, while also helping the team grow out globally, and drive new projects. This position is full-time and requires time (negotiable) on-site in Gemini’s offices in New York City.
This role will be based in our New York office once it is safe to return to the workplace.
- Managing the End User Technology team, and building out the team globally
- Day to day oversight of the the technology in our offices globally that makes all employees productive, focused, and engaged - Gemini can’t deliver without these systems
- Collaborating with the various Gemini teams to improve and innovate on the technology platform that makes Gemini tick
- Manage and maintain the internal feedback loops to generate FAQs, user guides, and help documentation to enable all Gemini employees to work faster and better than ever
- Manage the relationships with our outsourced software systems and partners
- IT asset management including lease renewal and repair
- 5+ years of experience managing a user-facing technology support team, ideally with 1000+ global users
- Experience growing and managing a global technology team
- Experience at scale with macOS
- Understanding of G Suite management and products at scale
- Experience troubleshooting printers, monitors, laptops, and other typical company IT equipment
- Experience with handling A/V equipment and running company wide meetings
- Basic understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and organize your day to achieve SLAs, meet project deadlines and communicate technical ideas to non-technical people
- Experience with Jamf or a similar MDM tool
- Experience with a ticketing queue and/or JIRA knowledge
Excellent knowledge and understanding of:
- User Account management using services such as Google, LDAP, Active Directory, OKTA
- Troubleshooting and providing assistance with SaaS products including G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Slack
- Network troubleshooting for wired and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Troubleshoot AV issues with connected room systems and Chrome boxes, AppleTVs, and other AV hardware
- Supporting AV events such as company All-Hands meetings and Live streamed webinars
- Jamf and maintaining a Mac environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.