Manager, Cyber Security Operations at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The Manager of Cyber Security Operations is a critical member of the Global Ball Security Team working for the head of Global Security & Compliance. The Cyber Security Operations team is a key part of our Global IT Security & Compliance organization which also includes Governance, Risk & Compliance, Active Cyber Defense and Architecture & Solution Delivery. This position will lead and manage a global team located in Colorado and Belgrade Serbia. This position will have with primary oversight of the operations of our security controls as well as our critical security operations processes. The Manager of Cyber Security Operations assures that our critical security services and processes continue to operate effectively and continuously improve to meet the evolving threats. Critical processing include, but are not limited to, Incident Response & remediation, patch and vulnerability governance and change control governance.
This position requires an energetic, seasoned security professional to manage an operations team in their mission:
- Leadership and management of a team of approximately 7 direct reports, including a team lead and a group of Individual Contributors
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment, development and succession planning of a high-performing team, including: identifying staffing needs in order to support current and future business requirements; recruiting to fill new/additional requirements, applying appropriate sourcing strategies to most effectively leverage global resources.
- Oversight of the day to day operations of IT Security operations
- Responsible for ensuring service operations that meet business service level requirements and global support for our services 7x24x365
- Provided leadership and oversight as part of our end to end cyber security incident response lifecycle (i.e. incident Intake, Classification, Containment, Investigation, Remediation and Closure) and Patch and Vulnerability management processes
- Planning and execution of strategy, and implementation of cyber security operations and monitoring in support of key initiatives as part of our ongoing IT Security & Compliance program
- Responsible for collaboration and execution of our overall vision, strategy, roadmap across the operations department
- Facilitates ongoing (regularly scheduled and ad hoc) security Operations management updates including review of key metrics
- Coordinate and collaborate within IT Security & Compliance and across IT and our global business stakeholders to identity risks and work to bring improvements in our cyber defense and operations to realization
- Helps with defining the organization’s portfolio priorities, working closely with leadership in defining, scoping, and staffing and operationalizing new solutions
- Responsible for defining, managing and tracking the operations budget within the overall Corporate ITS budget process.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement (inter/intra team) of our controls and processes ongoing
- Accountable for performance/accomplishment of the operations department
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative activities necessary for effective management, coaching, development and support of the operations team, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization
- Determine, manage and track budget and staffing needs for operations
- Coordination of high impact incidents, generate clear, concise recommendations, and coordinate activities and professional communications across a range of internal and external stakeholders while working under significant pressure
- Maintain awareness of current and potential threats and risks for security related information protection
- Coordinate remediation of the top threats across Ball Globally
- Utilizes industry trends to improve organizational effectiveness; implements best practices, quality control, risk management for process and organizational improvement
- Remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory, legal, and security standards that may impact information security
- Define team goals, including coordination of ongoing shared work plan with regulars update and management of performance objectives
- Orchestrate ongoing “trust but verify” process validation & metrics across cyber operations
- Facilitate, monitor and provide regular status reporting and metrics, regarding performance of incident lifecycle and Operations
- Monitors SLA performance for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, including follow-up checks for corrective action
- Take part in ongoing assessments of the IT security/risk posture within the IT network, systems and software applications.
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk and document remediation options regarding acceptance or mitigation of risk scenarios
- Work with the rest of the Global Security Team to identify gaps and minimize risks in the security program with an aim to reduce the impact/occurrence of security incidents
- Adapt strategy to incorporate and address emerging technologies and risks
- The Manager Cyber Security Operations, should have no fewer than 9+ years of direct experience and expertise in information security
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Experience managing information technology in a medium-to-large, complex environment
- Degree (BS or MS) in computer science/engineering, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Fluency in English
- Minimum professional certifications:
- Military or formal vocational technical training in computer science desired but not required.
- Job Qualification Records may be presented in lieu of certain certifications
- At least one professional certification from the following required
- (ISC)2 CISSP (Certificate Information Security Professional
- SANS SEC 401: Security Essentials
- ISACA CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- Additional Professional certifications desired
- Military or formal vocational technical training in computer science desired but not required.
- Directing Others. Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator
- Integrity and Trust (Ethics and Values). Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent for personal gain
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Action Oriented (Drive for Results). Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others; pushes self and others for results
- Priority Setting (Time Management). Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Composure. Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis
- Informing. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Understanding of the concepts of operations security, incident response lifecycle, patch and vulnerability management
- Building Effective Teams. Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Managing and Measuring Work. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work
- Supports process and systems improvements resulting from activities such as Lean, Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, CMMI, etc. Benchmarks SLAs for IT services with internal and external service providers
- Ability to translate complex security communications / messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within our organization. This can include different cultures, nationalities, international locations and languages.
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and across the Company
- Resilience and flexibility to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances and measured results.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Flexibility and adaptability in work approach
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain expertise on security trends through training, research and development in order to mitigate potential security exposures
- Self-motivated, accepts responsibility and is personally accountable
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills, ability to make and defend decisions
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day
- Works in an office environment
- Requires short-term domestic and international travel (< 25% travel)
- The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 13
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans