Manager, Customer Service - Second Shift at Chewy (Dallas, TX)
Chewy is looking for a Manager, Customer Service to join the best customer service department in America at our Dallas, Texas location. The right person will be a natural people leader, responsible for building engaging teams and improving operational efficiency. This person should be a dynamic, goal-oriented leader who challenges and inspires other leaders within their organization to excel. A customer-first mindset is critical for this role.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, manage and coach floor leadership to build successful teams that deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Use operational reports to make data-driven decisions around performance management, coaching, career pathing and development of the Customer Service Representative and leaders on your team
- Collaborate with other managers to establish and build SOPs for existing processes and procedures
- Ensure that regular performance reviews and feedback is provided regularly to all levels of employees to ensure a highly engaged workforce
- Maintain and execute new leadership onboarding initiatives to enhance the career pathing
- Deliver world-class customer service through monitoring and coaching teammates
- Champion a world-class Employee and Customer experience
- Promote employee Engagement
- Facilitate career development among team members
- Delivery of service level, coaching, budget (overtime, handle time, etc) and other key metrics
- Ensure Attendance and Adherence expectations are met
- Partner with workforce planning teams to deliver around-the-clock support
- Actively participate in hiring and development of support and mentor staff members
- Partner across teams and departments for process improvement
- Goal setting with peers
- Partner with Teammates to agree on and monitor Performance plans
- Participate in and lead customer experience calibration sessions
- Conduct regular evaluations and provide performance and behavior feedback to Teammates
- Coach for consistent improvement
- Compliance to Key Controls, timekeeping and other policies
- Demonstrate and model Chewy behaviors
- Execute Leadership strategies and tactics
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of multi-channel contact center management experience (Customer Service strongly preferred), with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing successful, high-volume teams in 300+ headcount environments
- Must be comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals, and willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to solve a variety of challenges
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and floor leadership
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (i.e. 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree)
- Strong computer and internet proficiency in a technology-driven environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel is a must)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and comfortability and ease in presenting information to a group
- Position may require travel
- Preferred, but not required experiences, tools, attributes, etc
- Bi-Lingual English Spanish
- Previous Contact Center Experience
- Leadership/ project management certification (6 sigma)
It's not just about us. It is also about what you get. That's why in Chewy Customer Service, you are empowered to become your best.
- YOU BELONG: Chewy is a place where you can be your authentic self. Our pet parents and partners are from everywhere--different places and different walks of life. It is what makes them unique. Likewise, Chewtopians are empowered to bring their perspectives to deliver on our mission!
- YOU CAN GROW: Our culture is for those who thrive on delivering results and becoming your best – no matter your role or location.
- YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: You are encouraged to be curious, ask questions, bring ideas forward, and act like an owner in everything that you do.
- YOU WILL GET SUPPORT: When you join Chewy Customer Service, you will have ongoing training and development, resources, and opportunities to become your best.
- YOU WILL GET REWARDED: Chewy has you covered when it comes to competitive wages, medical & dental insurance, 401k, and happy hour. Of course, the biggest perk is the ability to work together with other smart, driven, and passionate Chewtopians who are making an impact each day.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]