As the Manager, Customer Engagement, you will report to the Director, Customer Engagement. You will lead a team of FinOps Cloud Analysts, who provide cost optimization strategies to customers through analyzing AWS cost and usage data and cloud architecture. You will work with AWS and Mission Sales, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Architects, and Finance teams to help our customers achieve maximum cost savings and optimization of their AWS environments.
This position is 100% remote.
- Lead and provide daily oversight to the FinOps Cloud Analyst team; build career paths and help the team achieve their career aspirations
- Provide guidance to team on best practices for monitoring and reporting AWS usage and opportunities for cost savings for individual customers
- Manage account coverage, customer assignments, project assignment and cross-team collaboration; prioritize assignments and help outline scope of customer engagements
- Manage customer escalations and concerns
- Monitor and maintain customer meeting schedules and key performance metrics for FinOps Cloud Analysts
- Lead recruiting efforts for open positions under the FinOps Cloud Analyst team
- Work with and support Sales, Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, and DevOps teams
- Track customers at risk and escalate through the customer escalation process
- Lead training programs on tool sets used in our service offerings such as CloudHealth, Alert Logic, ServiceNow, and New Relic
- Stay educated on the latest cost optimization strategies and technologies; gather insights and develop new opinions and strategies around cloud optimization
- 3+ years of staff management experience
- 3+ years of experience leading customer engagements
- Experience using AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools, preferably CloudHealth
- Experience with cloud economics, AWS services, and AWS pricing models
- Experience with typical service/customer support: planning, coordinating, software selection and use, customer education and support, vendor liaison, troubleshooting, problem resolution, product evaluation, and documentation
- Experience using data to improve processes and track key metrics
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification and CloudHealth certification (required after 3 months of employment)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Profit sharing bonuses based on performance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
- Fully distributed team with flexible work hours
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
Read Full Job Description