Manager, Current Schedules at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
Manager, Current Schedules
This is a management level position in Network Operations and Planning, overseeing multiple teams who continuously monitor, identify, and resolve network constraints. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee day-to-day operations of teams within the assigned region and coordinate operations scheduling activity within Network Planning vertical.
- Continuously optimize Carvana’s logistics network for speed (capacity), cost (total logistics expense) and quality (on-time delivery); routinely track trend metrics to identify areas of opportunity and report to functional leadership.
- Provide mentoring and accountability to direct reports through appropriate coaching, leadership development and training, and performance management.
- Ensure timely and effective communications between all Network Planning verticals and stakeholders across the organization; routinely create meaningful and impactful presentations, visuals, slides, charts, graphs, etc. to represent current and future capacity planning and operation scheduling.
- Create a work and team environment that inspires positive communication, team cohesion, and adherence to Carvana’s Values.
- Support senior managers and leaders by participating in defining and implementing Network Planning vertical goals, initiatives and strategies, and developing key metrics/KPIs to measure schedule adherence, quality, speed, cost, and customer delivery.
- Collaborate frequently with cross functional teams and leadership to understand network efficiency, flexibility, and adherence to operations schedule capacity
- Ensure all employees within Network Planning vertical receive the appropriate training and education, including ongoing compliance training.
- Proactively communicate information to direct reports, providing clear understanding of expectations, performance measures, and goals.
- Ensure adherence to systems, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of area.
- Maintain supervisory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team leads and staff.
What the Job Requires
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in quantitative discipline such as supply chain, engineering, operations, or STEM.
- 3-5 years of experience in a management role in a Logistics related field.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and/or GoogleSheets.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- 2+ years experience with scheduling software, demand modeling, transportation management systems and/or geographic information systems
- Ability to communicate and interact with others effectively in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral.
- Ability to maintain high volume and high-quality content in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work in an office environment, with extensive use of computers.
- Ability to work variable schedule(s) as necessary.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.