Manager, Continuous Improvement
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
Capital One Commercial Operations is seeking an experienced process improvement manager to lead process quality and workflow management in a horizontal team supporting Commercial Loan and Capital Market Operations. The process quality and workflow management team is responsible for process design, governance and measurement of all processes in the horizontal scope. Additionally, the team is responsible for responding to requests from risk, compliance, regulators and tech partners that relate to process documentation and measurement.
As the manager of a newly created team, the Process Manager will be responsible for creating processes and procedures for all aspects of the team, including process governance methods, the support model for compliance and quality assurance reviews, and the intake process for business line support requests. The manager will be expected to utilize and teach use of lean and six sigma tools to ensure appropriate rigor in process design and change management.
Key responsibilities include:
Process Documentation Standards and Practices
- Support the creation of a process management vision and roadmap
- Establish process tools and artifacts to be used in the documentation of all processes
- Develop process flow charts and value stream maps for all critical processes within Loan and Capital Markets Operations
- Establish a process governance structure to ensure all processes are appropriately documented and a review cadence is in place
- Coordinate with process owners, managers and subject matter experts and other internal partner teams to develop and maintain process documentation as part of a DMAIC approach
- Lead Kaizen events with cross functional teams with a target on rapid improvement outcomes
- Participate as a Lean and Six Sigma subject matter expert in cross functional initiatives representing Loan and Capital Markets Operations
Establish and Manage Quality
- Determine critical processes that require QA testing within Loan and Capital Markets Operations
- Work with process owners or managers and partner with the Quality Assurance team to establish quality measures for all processes
- Monitor self-reported issues and events and proactively coordinate with process owners and managers in support of process remediation efforts
- Respond to frequent requests from internal and external risk, compliance and regulatory partners with approved process documentation and measurement, and support all process remediation efforts using DMAIC tools and processes
- Drive measurement based discussions for improvement of workflow management tools across operations with a target goal of eliminating manual data entry and duplicate work effort along the value stream
- Lead the creation of workflow management standards and control mechanisms to ensure adherence to defined processes
- Lead and develop a team of process and data analytics employees and contractors
- Manage contractor relationship and approve time associated with current assignments
- Teach junior level associates on lean or six sigma methodologies
- Mentor team members to support them in their career aspirations
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
- A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by use cellular data (hot spot)
- Cable or fiber connections are preferred
- Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be found here . To test your home internet from your personal computer at home, type www.speedtest.net into the web browser of your personal computer.
- Sustained ability to maintain latency less than 250 ms in voice calls is required
- Hard wired connectivity is preferred, any use of wireless connectivity must be Private (non-public) and password protected through WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. If you have any questions about your encryption, please consult with your internet provider
- A private network is password protected where you have ownership or line of sight to every device on the network
- Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate
- Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology is delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice.
Candidates must live within 100 miles driving distance of one of the hub locations
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of hands on experience in business process management, improvement, project management or product management
- At least 1 year experience using process mapping and workflow design tools, i.e. MS Visio, etc.
- At least 2 years experience using and application of lean and six sigma tools and methodologies
- Lean and Six Sigma or Business Process Manager (BPM) Certification
- At least 2 years in people leadership
- At least 1 year experience in commercial banking operations
- At least 1 year experience leading large multi-department project
- Project management and communication tools, e.g. Confluence, Jira, Slack, etc.
- MBA or advanced degree in business, engineering or other directly applicable field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).