As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Manager, Compliance with great people skills and a solution-driven mindset to oversee the Content Moderation and Trust and Safety teams. As ActiveCampaign continues to grow with over 150,000 customers we require a Senior Compliance Manager focused on protecting our platform for the good of all of our customers.
The ideal candidate is not afraid of getting in the trenches as well as strategizing for future growth. They enjoy coaching and developing team members to ensure a high level of engagement and performance. They are dedicated to possessing strong product knowledge, have an inquisitive mind and enjoy utilizing data to make decisions and recommendations. This leader will work closely with teams across the company to implement solutions to ensure compliance and ethical use of ActiveCampaign's platform.
The ideal person will enjoy a challenge, researching industry best practices and implementing policy adjustments to comply with internal, legal, and regulatory policies as well as company goals and initiatives. As a Global First company, this role requires the management of employees located around the globe who offer 24/7 compliance coverage.
What your day could consist of:
- Oversee AUP, ToS, and compliance policy enforcement and act as the primary advocate of the compliance team including assisting in client escalations, when necessary.
- Assist the Trust & Safety team in analyzing and planning out fraud prevention & detection systems for email, SMS, landing pages, forms, etc.
- Work closely with Compliance and Product teams to plan out platform improvements that support compliance initiatives.
- Expert knowledge in email, SMS, landing page, forms compliance policies to train/coach employees to ensure they are followed consistently across the platform.
- Oversee day-to-day staffing and leadership of 24/7 global content moderation and Trust and Safety teams to ensure the teams achieve goals that align with ActiveCampaign values and company goals.
- Share weekly/monthly reports on team metrics, perform QA assessments, and analyze results to support an Iterate Everything Always mindset and drive company initiatives.
- Champion cross-functional initiatives to improve technical and non-technical processes and operational efficiency among teams by partnering with product, fraud, security, engineering, deliverability, legal and support.
- Develop and manage internal policy guidance and enablement for partner teams.
- Proactively communicate with leaders at all levels on project plans, status, and other important issues and escalate issues when necessary.
- Develop solution-based recommendations to drive improvements to protect ActiveCampaign's platform and our customers from compliance risks.
What is needed:
- 3+ years of professional experience managing and developing people leaders on compliance, abuse desk, or Trust & Safety team with an ESP, ISP, Security Vendor, Hosting provider, or similar.
- 5+ years experience with Email Compliance1+ year experience in SMS best practices and policy development
- Proven track record of building out a responsive, highly functional 24/7 global team on a SaaS environment with ongoing capacity planning.
- In-depth knowledge of privacy laws such as GDPR, CASL, CAN-SPAM, etc, and how it relates to the tech and SaaS industry.
- Expert-level understanding of email authentication methods
- First-hand experience in developing processes for blocklist mitigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to take complex ideas or issues and synthesize them into succinct communications.
- Comfortable with presenting to executives and large teams as well as with cross-functional partners.
- A strong mentor who pays personal attention to the growth and development of others, and provides ongoing and constructive feedback while creating developmental opportunities.
- Ability to work on a global scale with an appreciation for a variety of cultures and a general understanding of how business is conducted in key locations throughout the world.
- Proven track record of effectively working with other departments within the organization to align strategies, remove roadblocks, and develop efficiencies that enhance the customer experience.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop structure and processes where there is ambiguity while pivoting when new issues are made known.
- Understanding of how to interpret and present data effectively and drive effective reporting to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working in a global environment
- Project management experience preferred, specifically in Trust & Safety initiatives
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.