Manager, Collections at Jetty (Remote)
Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
As the Manager of Collections, your mission will be to build one of the most essential functions in our company. You’ll be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the Loss Mitigation & Collections program across all Jetty products, including planning, evaluating, and continuously improving to assist our customers and mitigate loss.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create, update, and maintain loss mitigation policies, procedures, and job aids to maximize resources and minimize expenditures
- Utilize effective risk frameworks to build strong controls and partner with Compliance to review/design key policies and procedures
- Develop and implement tools, techniques, processes, and procedures for the prevention, detection, and mitigation of loss and delinquency
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures as needed
- Identify and incorporate practices and solutions for recovery automation
- Act as key point of contact for collections & loss mitigation to support cross-functional special projects
- Manage third party collections agency
- Identify, negotiate, and lead vendor onboarding
- Provide support for the ongoing measurement of agency collection effectiveness
- Conduct agency oversight by managing contracts, SLAs, fee schedules, adherence, etc.
- Develop recommendations to improve performance based on data-driven analytics
- Manage recovery data and basic reporting
- Develop and implement performance metrics/work standards to monitor business and staff effectiveness through scorecards and reporting
- Monitor & communicate potential risk exposure to executive leadership
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in collections, preferably for a digital lending company
- 1-2 years of loss mitigation supervisory/management experience is required, with the ability to coach teams
- Experience working with/managing 3rd party vendors and implementing vendor oversight
- Background in providing excellent customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Jetty's integrated suite of products help property managers increase lease conversions, improve resident retention, reduce bad debt, and boost NOI. For renters, Jetty decreases the financial burden of moving into a new home and offers greater flexibility with how and when to pay rent.
Jetty has raised more than $70M from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi and Valar, and has a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country. To learn more about Jetty, visit jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill