BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking a Collections Manager, who as part of our Quote to Cash team, will be responsible for the development and ongoing performance of collection efforts over the company’s subscription-based billing accounts. This role will be both customer-facing and cross-functional and will be tasked with growing and scaling the collection function. Collections are a critical function of our customers' journey so this individual will also be empathetic and focused on providing the best experience to all customers, regardless of their repayment situation.What You’ll Do:
- Execute and contribute to strategies for the Collections team to meet and sustain performance to hit the company's portfolio targets.
- Assist in developing and implementation of more automated and scalable business processes around managing the Company’s subscription accounts
- Develop and deliver an operational quality improvement plan resulting in a highly predictable and effective collections experience.
- Manage collections processes, working closely with Billing Operations, Customer Success, Sales, and customers to resolve customer payment issues.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and consult with Finance on a regular basis regarding past due invoices and appropriate course of action
- Report and work closely with organizational leaders to ensure collections balances are maintained at an acceptable level including review of monthly aging and DSO reports
- Assess bad debt write-offs and the booking of allowance for doubtful accounts
- Supervise the daily activities of a team of collectors ensuring efficient and effective processing.
- Review customer contract terms, other billing-related terms, invoices, and billing schedules
- Oversee the tracking of collections for all non-automated cash payments and validate that payments were appropriately applied to customer accounts
- Assist with customer chargeback disputes and verify proper reporting and recognition of chargebacks in general ledger
- Generate, maintain and review accounts receivable and aging reports for review by management
- Assist in reconciling the accounts receivable ledger to general ledger
- Assist with month-end revenue recognition reporting
- Assist with other ad hoc accounting and month-end duties, where necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Mathematics, or other relevant course of study preferred
- 5+ years of accounting and/or billing, accounts receivable, and collections experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a plus, as well as experience and knowledge of SaaS business and the Zuora billing system
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to approach complex collection problems and formulate solutions.
- Comfortable with large amounts of data; proficient at compiling/presenting data into an easy-to-read informational format and using data-driven decision making to manage teams to KPIs
- Proven operational leadership experience with an established track record of success in prior collection and/or customer service roles with a proven ability to drive consistent and effective processes
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with a customer-first attitude
- Proven success with staff training/coaching, QA, business process improvement, and workforce planning
- Ability to provide leadership, support, motivation and professional development to department staff
- Ability to facilitate consensus and develop positive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to self-direct and use independent judgment to make decisions. Ability to know when to escalate issues to senior management.
- Must be agile with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment; ability to independently prioritize assignments, deal with disruptions, meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks within allotted timeframes.
- Ability to influence others through shared outcomes and common goals
- Strong organizational, team building and leadership skills and the ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.