Manager of CloudOps: BUILD SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
The Manager of Cloud Operations is a new role in the organization. You'll responsible for leading and inspiring a small and growing group of brilliant DevOps and Security engineers, as we scale our infrastructure to grow with the business and our expanding Product-Development Department. You will define and maintain service level agreements for internal stakeholders, as well as our external customers, and drive the evolution of our infrastructure to enhance security, monitoring, redundancy, and deployments.
Working closely with Architecture, you will collaborate to define the roadmap which enables Engineering to release software more efficiently, and you will ideate, assess and drive implementation of new systems and services in our AWS environment to support our rapid growth.
Reporting directly to our CTO, you will continue to grow and lead a team of passionate data scientists that are eager to build AI-driven products that shape our marketplace and our customer experience.
The Success You'll Build - Primary Responsibilities and Impact:
- Lead a growing team of 3-4 DevOps and Security Engineers
- Provide career development, goal setting, and coaching to direct reports, and set expectations for delivery of high-quality implementations
- Monitor and predict AWS operational costs, and maintain the great relationship we have with our partners in AWS
- Assess and improve our monitoring and alerting to detect outages, performance issues and other anomalies
- Working closely with architects and other internal stakeholders to plan future implementations and improvements of our cloud-native infrastructure
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Experience as a technical lead or as a manager of Cloud Ops or Dev Ops teams
- Experienced in operating in AWS, leveraging cloud-native services, and understanding the pillars of the AWS well-architected framework.
- Able to work and improve development and continuous deployment and release pipelines
- Familiar and capable with Infrastructure as Code using Cloud Formation or Terraform Financial services operations experience a plus
- Capable of following regulatory guidelines to build compliant and secure systems
- Comfortable working with bash, Python & Atlassian tools for automation and deployment
The Competencies You'll Need:
- You enjoy being a player-coach, and teaching engineers new methods and approaches for improving cloud infrastructure
- Great communication skills and a desire to collaborate with architecture, engineering, and business stakeholders
- You love inspiring people, showing them their awesome potential, and guiding them to realize it
- You can lead projects to completion, manage competing priorities, and set realistic expectations
- Your technical aptitude and vision will maintain the guardrails for sprawl, and help find the best service for the problem to be solved
- Stitch & dbt for ETL
- AWS - RDS, DMS, Glue, EC2, ECS, Lambdas, S3
Be Healthy, Be Happy: We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
Take A Break: We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
Work Where You Work Best: We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR), or some combination of the two.
CrowdStreet Equity: We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
How You Work: We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
Build Your Career: We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
CrowdStreet is a FinTech company dedicated to transforming the world of investing in commercial real estate (CRE) through its online marketplace. CrowdStreet gives individual investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate developers and operators (sponsors) raise capital online.
Since 2014, CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment, generating over $2.4B of equity invested across 560 projects spanning 200+ sponsors and 13,000 active investors. The total project value that has appeared on CrowdStreet has exceeded $20B covering all asset types (office, industrial, multi-family, storage, etc), risk profile (development, opportunistic, value-add, core-plus, core), and regions of the US (40 states).
Today CrowdStreet’s average investment per project is over $10 million with many raises exceeding $20 million, making it an attractive alternative funding source to institutional capital. CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2020 Top Places to Work
- The Oregonian - 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal