Join VillageMD as a Manager, Clinical Documentation Education (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager, Clinical Documentation Education to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the VillageMD Team, Manager, Clinical Documentation Education is accountable for developing and implementing clinical documentation educational best practices across a quickly growing, primary care practice network.
As a member of our team, through educational support, you will assist in ensuring understanding of the importance of accuracy and appropriateness of documentation, supporting coding initiatives across all patient populations, including but not limited to Medicare Advantage and Medicare FFS populations. Included in the scope of this role is process improvement, provider education initiatives, report review, and achieving overall documentation and HCC coding accuracy goals.
How you can make a difference
- Managing team and individual performance including coaching, and mentoring
- Recognize and develop clinical documentation education best practices to share across the organization
- Create and document an educational support plan to aid in the improvement of coding performance across all primary care provider sites
- Effectively communicate and implement new coding education and initiatives with providers including the appropriate change management support to ensure successful adoption
- Conduct individual training and group education sessions on proper coding and documentation practices for physicians and staff consistent with industry standards and in compliance with coding guidelines
- Lead a team of clinical documentation educators across multiple markets/regions to successfully support all educational support initiatives in varying levels of practice maturity and provider engagement
- Review performance data and translate that into tactical education initiatives to drive improvement
What you might do in your first year:
- Develop and manage a clinical documentation and coding accuracy education team, including daily operations and corporate policies to ensure effectiveness
- Support Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy leadership in the oversight of all coding educational offerings, identification of opportunities to improve the coding operations performance, as well as the coding accuracy of providers
- Work with our analytics partners to develop key performance indicators around an effective educational support program
- Develop education materials for providers to improve coding knowledge and compliance
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
Skills for success
- A high level of personal accountability and ability to work independently
- Bias for action with a solution-oriented approach
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills
- Superior relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to craft meaningful relationships across diverse stakeholder groups
- Proven leadership competency including the ability to motivate and develop teams and achieve results
- Experience in conflict management and problem resolution
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management, Nursing or comparable field preferred
- Professional Coding Certification such as CRC, CCS, CPC required
- Previous management or team leadership experience required
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in advanced professional coding as well as coding training and/or education, with a minimum of 3 years of HCC coding experience
- Experience in a large, independent clinic organization or the ambulatory environment of a hospital or integrated delivery system (Primary Care Practice highly preferred)
- Knowledge and familiarity with Electronic Health Records documentation methodologies and workflow to support coding operations and provider documentation process
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- Proven success in building relationships and establishing credibility with doctors, nurses and other clinical staff
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to navigate resistance to change and solve problems effectively
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.