Manager, Channel Operations at Brightspeed (Charlotte, NC)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We are looking for a Manager, Channel Operations to join our growing Mass Markets team! In this role, you are a leader in coordinating efforts to ensure the Sales and Channel Management teams are successful. You will be a key asset managing our program, implementation, and communications managers providing frontline support to our teams. The manager and team work cross-functionally with the Marketing, Legal, Training, Quality, Legal, Regulatory, and extended lines of business (a.k.a. channels) within Mass Markets to enable our frontline employees and vendor agents to deliver the best customer experience possible. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Manager, Channel Operations, your responsibilities are:
- Manage a team of Project/Program Managers overseeing business initiatives to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet company standards
- Assemble and coordinate project team members, assigning individual responsibilities
- Supervise team members and project teams to keep them on task by providing encouragement, thinking creatively, and motivating the team to achieve business targets
- Assist employees in building and managing their development plans
- Facilitate corrective actions as needed; writes performance reviews for team members
- Proven ability to motivate a team and bring cross-functional resources together to achieve common goals
EXECUTION & ANALYSIS
- Continuously evaluates projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and achieving deadlines; highlights risks and issues impeding expected results
- Maintain a close, effective working relationship with Product Managers, facilitating frequent collaboration to meet product and business goals
- Establish partnerships with stakeholders and work proactively across multiple departments to develop and manage complex projects
- Remain abreast of industry software technology, project management philosophies, and best practices
- Track key performance indicators and delivers effective presentations to executive leadership
- Identify and work to resolve critical risks, issues, or misalignments that may jeopardize development timelines or success; escalates to executive management whenever appropriate
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years project management experience in leading end-to-end project lifecycles
- 5+ years experience developing communications strategies with multiple tactics including written and visual options
- 5+ years large-scale contact center operations experience, focusing on change management, program development, and execution
- 2+ years of experience leading and/or managing project management teams
- 2+ years of experience managing a PMO
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are necessary
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful communications across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills; must have experience in establishing timelines, detailed reports, and executive summaries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe Design products
- Proficient in presentation development and public speaking
- Able to motivate, educate, and develop talent
- Ability to identify employee and customer experience gaps
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate project needs to internal and external teams/vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot and self-resolve communications issues through networks and partnerships with SMEs
- Working knowledge of Mass Markets products and how that impacts the customer experience.
- Able to communicate effectively with employees, clients, and executives
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Mass Markets/Consumer products and procedures
- Working knowledge of ordering tools, automation tools, chat bots and digital platforms
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer