Manager, Career Advancement at Per Scholas (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Career Advancement
REPORTS TO: Director, Career Development RTT
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Manager, Career Advancement for its Remote Training Team to train students in essential skills for launching and advancing their careers in technology. You will coach students for two years post graduation to set and meet career advancement goals. The focus will be on Software Engineering and AWS classes.
The Manager of Career Advancement will report to the Director, Career Development Remote Training Team and will enhance the quality of our career development program to students and alumni.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Curriculum & Workshop Facilitation
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct regular comprehensive sessions of career development training to prepare students for entry to mid-level jobs in the field of Information Technology. Training topics include but are not limited to: interviewing skills, resume and cover letter creation, LinkedIn profiles, job search and networking strategies, customer service, workplace success strategies, career advancement training, and business communications
- Design supplementary curriculum to meet student and employer training needs
- Deliver new class kick-off events to effectively onboard and engage new students with Manager, Recruiting and Admissions
- Facilitate remediation workshops and individual coaching sessions with students who need additional support outside of the classroom
Managing Student Performance & Experience
- Function as the first point of contact for student questions and issues
- Provide students with ongoing individual career counseling
- Ensure timely and accurate data management in CRM system
- Collaborate with the technical instructor to prepare student evaluations
- Participate in cross-functional student progress meetings with other members of admissions, business solutions, and technical instruction teams
- Ensure quality and timely uploading of student resumes into Salesforce
- Oversee Per Scholas’ student attendance and performance policies and manage communication with students not meeting program compliance requirements
- Accompany students to corporate engagement site visits, mock interviews, networking events and lunch and learns with Per Scholas employer partners
- Work collaboratively with the Student Experience team to provide wellness and financial support to students
- Alumni Advancement Support
- Work closely with Director, Business Solutions to provide ongoing job search support to recent alumni
- Work closely with Director, Business Solutions as needed to cultivate relationships with potential and current alumni employers
- Provide monthly and quarterly follow-up and advancement services to both employed and unemployed alumni for two-years following graduation
- Manage results against performance goals
- Conduct real-time student data entry in Salesforce
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent practical experience may be considered
- 3-5 years experience in workforce development with a specific background in job readiness coaching, or education
- Experience in talent acquisition, organizational development or adult learning in the tech sector, a plus
- Demonstrated experience in adult classroom training and understanding principles of classroom instruction
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite, Learning Management Systems (LMS) preferred
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are not afraid to make tough decisions or have tough conversations with students.
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You are a resourceful thinker.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
For this role specifically, we are targeting a salary of $55,000 with a range between $50,000 and $57,750 where the difference in salary is typically determined by several factors, including geography in which the selected candidate resides, and alignment with qualifications and experience.