We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
The high level goal of a Blockchain Security Asset Review is to provide an overall measure of how risky a particular asset is, which requires identifying top risks and identifying any available mitigations that could reduce those risks. We ask ourselves: “What can go wrong on a crypto asset network, how will we know about it, and what can we do about it?”What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
The Blockchain Security Asset Review Team’s primary responsibility is determining the security risk and available mitigations for crypto assets that are under consideration for addition to the Coinbase platform. This Asset Review Manager is expected to own that problem scope for one of the security asset review teams. A team of analysts will report to the Asset Review manager. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally-speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Identify, report, and mitigate security risk associated with crypto assets
- Drive improvements for heavily technical and operational processes with multiple stakeholder dependencies
- Coach your direct reports to analyze blockchains, ERC-20 tokens, and other distributed ledger protocols for security concerns, such as these
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing analysts who will expand the Coinbase culture and products
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to coordinate review priority, delivery, and forecasting capacity
- Set clear targets and objectives, and establish KPIs for Asset Review team
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team performance through automation, tooling, or process
- Experience in managing versatile teams that have had to adapt to the changing needs of a business experiencing rapid growth
- Solid foundation in security topics such as product security, application security, security operations, or third party security
- Expertise in risk identification, reporting and mitigation
- Expertise in building and leading a security team with the ability to provide hands-on technical guidance to the team of analysts
- You have experience or willingness to analyze software code for risk identification
- You have knowledge of at least one programming language
- You have the unique ability to investigate a topic using white papers or blog posts
- Ability to design and improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- You are passionate about growing people and helping them achieve their goals
- You have an energy and self-drive for continuous learning as Crypto is a constantly and rapidly changing space
- Willingness to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current Security career
- You have experience in crypto/blockchain technology
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $195,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Req ID: G1878
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.