Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
The high level goal of a Blockchain Security Asset Review is to provide an overall measure of how risky a particular asset is, which requires identifying top risks and identifying any available mitigations that could reduce those risks. We ask ourselves: “What can go wrong on a crypto asset network, how will we know about it, and what can we do about it?”What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
The Blockchain Security Asset Review Team’s primary responsibility is determining the security risk and available mitigations for crypto assets that are under consideration for addition to the Coinbase platform. This Asset Review Manager is expected to own that problem scope for one of the security asset review teams. A team of analysts will report to the Asset Review manager. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally-speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Identify, report, and mitigate security risk associated with crypto assets
- Drive improvements for heavily technical and operational processes with multiple stakeholder dependencies
- Coach your direct reports to analyze blockchains, ERC-20 tokens, and other distributed ledger protocols for security concerns, such as these
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing analysts who will expand the Coinbase culture and products
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to coordinate review priority, delivery, and forecasting capacity
- Set clear targets and objectives, and establish KPIs for Asset Review team
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team performance through automation, tooling, or process
- Experience in managing versatile teams that have had to adapt to the changing needs of a business experiencing rapid growth
- Solid foundation in security topics such as product security, application security, security operations, or third party security
- Expertise in risk identification, reporting and mitigation
- Expertise in building and leading a security team with the ability to provide hands-on technical guidance to the team of analysts
- You have experience or willingness to analyze software code for risk identification
- You have knowledge of at least one programming language
- You have the unique ability to investigate a topic using white papers or blog posts
- Ability to design and improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- You are passionate about growing people and helping them achieve their goals
- You have an energy and self-drive for continuous learning as Crypto is a constantly and rapidly changing space
- Willingness to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current Security career
- You have experience in crypto/blockchain technology
Req ID: G1878
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.