Manager, Behavioral Health and Wellness - OH at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- Supervise the behavioral health clinical team both clinically and administratively, with guidance and oversight by the Market Medical Director and Head of Behavioral Health
- Oversee the operational work of any prescribing providers on the team (MD or NP) with support from the ARCHO. Specifically, the Manager is responsible for general oversight of the clinical work provided by prescribing providers, although will not provide supervision or have oversight responsibilities for the medical decision making of prescribing providers.
- Responsible for monitoring panel size, maintaining access and overall productivity and effectiveness of BH team members.
- Propose and support the development and execution of BH objectives and key results aligning to market objectives and key results with oversight by the Market and BH Leadership
- Responsible for Market BH’s contribution to decreasing the overall cost of care for the Market’s population, through high quality BH care focused on populations with complex needs, and ongoing innovation and process improvement around interventions.
- Will collaborate withBH and Market Leadership to ensure the Market BH Department adheres to budget.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with interdisciplinary leaders within the Market, including Care Team Leads, Medical Director, Nursing Director and Operational Leaders, as well as with BH Managers in other Markets.
- Lead Market BH quality and safety reviews and responsible for adhering to quality metrics.
- Participate in Region level BH programming design and innovation with the Head of BH and other Market BH Managers, as well as lead Market implementation of BH initiatives.
- Follow a small panel of members to provide short term therapy, clinical support, and crisis intervention as needed.
- Assist with initial and ongoing training of Outreach Specialists, Community Health Partners, and Behavioral Health Specialists
Requirements for the Role:
- You have an active LISW in the state in which you are seeking employment with Cityblock
- You have experience providing direct mental health treatment, substance use treatment, and community-based care
- You have at least 5 years of experience managing teams as well as providing direct clinical supervision
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You excel at empathy and human interactions, and want to improve the health of individuals and whole communities
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
How We Define Success:
- Foster and maintain a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and dedication to member care
- Ensure the Market BH team achieves financial, quality and key results , including adherence to operating cost (budgeted positions), productivity metrics, member NPS, care team NPS or proxy and initiatives aimed to decrease the total cost of care for Market members
- Communicate clearly and proactively with BH team members, ARCHO, Market Leadership and peers in other Markets
- Actively participate in ongoing innovation and process improvement activities and lead innovation and process improvement for BH team in the market
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working with individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and chronic behavioral health diagnoses
- Experience working with health plans and/or with shared risk contracts
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.