Manager, Agent Experience Partner at Opendoor
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:11 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 9, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing agent experience team. This role combines elements of customer service, relationship management, negotiation and operations. Your team will serve as the main point of contact for our cooperating agents. These agents’ clients are in the midst of logistically complicated processes that can be both financially and emotionally challenging; our job is to simplify and bring certainty to both our agents and their clients. The agents we work with are striving to provide an outstanding experience to their clients and we work tirelessly to deliver.
Your primary goal is to lead your team to build relationships, anticipate your customers’ needs and whatever else it takes to provide agents peace of mind. If you get your energy from empowering people, problem solving, and turning any situation into an incredible experience… this role is for you.
This role is based out of our San Francisco office and will report to the Senior Manager.
As a Manager, Agent Experience Partner, you will:
- Manage a team of Associate Managers and Agent Experience Partners focused on meeting aggressive negotiation and responsiveness metrics across multiple communication channels.
- Inspire & lead your team to act with the appropriate level of urgency, to hold themselves accountable and to build and create a culture oriented toward superior negotiation execution -- with speed and precision -- in the service of our customers.
- Help build a culture where openness to direct feedback and moving with urgency to root out customer defects is paramount.
- Continuously coach your team’s customer interactions to stay aligned with company values and raise the bar for what is possible in our evolving approach to world-class service.
- Proactively communicate with senior leaders regarding business performance, adverse impact of decisions on customers and potential risks to the business.
- Leverage insights gained from customer interactions to drive process and product improvements with our EPD teams.
- Dive into the weeds with your team on a daily basis, removing blockers, handling escalations and reporting up and across teams for alignment or additional resources.
- Monitor daily/weekly performance metrics and shift team coverage responsibilities as required.
- Help recruit, train, and coach new hires to meet their full potential
- 3+ years of management experience or team lead experience in a sales environment
- Real estate license (California required, others are helpful) and recent California contract experience
- High EQ and a knack for working well with different types of people -- you excel at situational awareness and building trust.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes”. You are hungry, have an immense work ethic and are excited by ambitious goals.
- Obsession with customer delight and continually elevating customer experience standards
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment where roles and process continually shift as the company evolves
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description