Management Consultant Specialist at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
- Maintains current knowledge of industry issues and opportunities as well as best practices for specific areas of expertise.
- Leverages industry knowledge, technology, process, and organizational design expertise and financial services best practices to deliver results for clients with the goal of improving profitability.
- Is required to be expert in one or more of the following areas: business productivity improvement, revenue enhancement, organizational design, marketing excellence, financial service payments, financial service channel optimization or strategic planning.
- Delivers outstanding quality work, leading to client references and case studies.
- Sells value of offerings and identifies areas of opportunity for FIS services in client institutions.
- Provides sales support, identifies and qualifies opportunities and defines and presents solutions.
- Evaluates situations, identifies challenges and opportunities for improvement and creates practical solutions.
- Builds and maintains credibility with clients and peers as domain expert for specific areas of expertise.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Works at client site for most assignments.
- Defines and conducts research and analysis to identify industry trends and strategies.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
What you bring:
- Broad based experience in US Banking, larger institution(s) preferred. Minimum 10 years, maximum 20 years.
- Knowledge of retail functions & products
- Knowledge of lending functions & products
- Knowledge of treasury management services & products
- Knowledge of financial analysis and general ledger accounting
- Consulting experience within financial services. Minimum 10 years.
- Project management (preparation of bids, management of resources, responsibility for delivery)
- C-level gravitas and exposure
- Strong presentation skills
- Comprehension and use of industry KPIs
- Familiarity or certification in various project management disciplines (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, Agile, Waterfall)
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Strong speaking skills (not a repeat of above)
- Strong PC skills using MS Office, Project and Access.
- Comfort and skill with virtual communications
- Minimum BA or BS in Business Administration. Preferred MBA
- Trade school (ABA Banking School, Scholl for Bank Administration) a plus
- Demonstrable publications on banking topics a plus
What we offer you:
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.