Loss Prevention Manager at C3 Industries (Ann Arbor, MI)
Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation, processing, and customer experience experts. We produce and sell the highest quality indoor cannabis flower and extracted offerings (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Cannabis Shop) within communities across Michigan, Oregon, Missouri, and Massachusetts.
At High Profile our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Loss Prevention Manager who will oversee the day-to-day operations of the loss prevention by developing and executing company programs, analyzing financial and asset data, and building partnerships with store teams to address current loss prevention agendas.
In this role you will….
- Develop, and manage the implementation of programs designed to protect Company assets from loss due to internal/external theft, and unsafe practices.
- Utilize all company and departmental activity performance reporting to identify risks and mitigate issues that reduce loss and maximize profitability; partner with stores to develop action plans to address/minimize operational shortage.
- Analyze major areas of shrink opportunity using reporting and software analysis tools.
- Partner with compliance and store leadership teams on the design and implementation of loss prevention policies that lessen shrink, protect Company assets, promote team member safety, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Support assigned stores during annual (and/or semi-annual) inventory process.
- Assist in development and implementation training programs and initiatives to combat loss prevention issues, reduce shrink, and enhance safety.
- Partner with Human Resources, Legal, and Field Leaders to conduct investigations, operational assessments and to create action plans that address areas of concern.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
- Complete Loss Prevention Operational and Safety Store Assessments with emphasis on teaching and coaching by offering solutions to issues within company policy and procedure.
- Conduct various store audits to assess operational and safety compliance with company policies and procedures. Advise and consult with Regional Managers, Store Managers and Compliance Supervisors on improving results based on store audits.
- Ensure all Loss Prevention shortage audits are conducted consistently and objectively, with a focus on continuous improvement through partnership and training.
Skills and experience you have...
- 5+ years Loss Prevention experience in a regional or multi-unit role.
- Ability to travel 75% to all C3 Industries retail locations.
- Responsiveness for off-hour, on call incident management across all retail locations.
- Working knowledge of security equipment and systems
- Familiar with exception-based reporting systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, POS systems; experience with METRC.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- Ability to drive proven improvements across all areas managed.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships and operate in an environment of ambiguity.
- Strong results-orientation and commitment to quality, performance, and deliverables.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships, operates best in a team environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check.
You should apply if...
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!