Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking Licensed Insurance Agents to join us in the Boston, MA or Atlanta, GA area.
Our Customer Solutions Center (CSC) is a critical driver of sales, retention, customer insights and customer experience. As a Licensed Insurance Agent in our Sales Department, you will take a consultative approach to guide customers through the sales journey on inbound and outbound calls and help them find the right coverage for their business. You will also have the opportunity to share insights and ideas with the broader business to increase sales, revenue and customer experience, and to participate in Test and Learn initiatives used to inform business decisions and improve processes.
- A competitive base salary plus a lucrative monthly commissions structure
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Frequent sales contests and recognition program incentives
- Must be flexible to work within the hours of 8am-8pm Eastern Time, M-F - shift bids are performed quarterly with order of selection determined by performance rankings
- This is a hybrid role with in-office attendance expected a minimum of once per month with a focus on connections events, team building and peer coaching
As a Licensed Insurance Agent you will:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls with the goal of increasing sales, premium and customer satisfaction
- Cross-sell additional products to new and existing customers to maximize premium and ensure that customers’ businesses are fully covered
- Participate in Test and Learn initiatives to drive business growth, customer insights and customer satisfaction
- Meet performance metrics in Sales, Premium, Policies Per Customer, Quality and Productivity
- Adhere to all compliance and quality standards
- Utilize various internal systems to ensure that customer, quote and policy information is accurate and up to date
- Ensure timely follow-up on promised customer communications including callbacks and emails
- Attend and be present at internal meetings as needed
- Perform additional duties as needed
What we are looking for:
- Property & Casualty Producer license
- 1+ years of experience selling within the insurance industry in a call center environment
- Passion for the customer experience as well as closing sales and maximizing revenue
- Ability to deeply understand customer needs, listen actively, and tailor sales communications to confidently sell the benefits of our products to each customer
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally, with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience and objectives of the interaction
- Ability to adapt to frequent change, to skillfully navigate unknowns, and to provide feedback to help shape new initiatives
- A team player who is able to collaborate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Self-motivated with the drive to exceed targets
- Self-discipline and excellent time management skills, requiring little to no follow-up on deliverables and required tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Actively participate in our culture and embody our values of Learning, Empowerment, Authenticity, Pioneering and Simplicity
- Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully in both remote and in-office environments
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• A genuine investment in your learning and development
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What's going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at [email protected] Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.