Licensed Customer Care Advocate (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to help make ‘the best pet care possible fur all’. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the wellness and medical care they need throughout their lives. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a healthier, happier world for pets and their people.
Pumpkin is looking for a talented Licensed Customer Service Agent to join our growing team and support our expansion in an exciting, fast-paced, and growing startup environment. This experienced and motivated individual holds an active Property and Casualty Producer License and has customer service experience in the insurance industry. This team member will be responsible for providing a best-in-show experience for pet parents over various channels including phone, email, text, chat, and social media. The Senior Care Advocate will also play a key role in handling escalations as well as experience recovery.
This will be a hybrid position, with a requirement of 2 days a week in the Columbus, OH office.
What You'll Do:
- Provide exceptional customer care to pet parents across multiple communication channels such as phone, email, text, chat and social media.
- Educate pet parents to help them understand the benefits and value of pet health insurance
- Uses empathy and problem-solving skills to solve customer issues, rectify poor experiences, and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Proactively seeks opportunities to sell and upsell.
What We're Looking For:
- Property & Casualty Insurance Producer License required
- Experience in the insurance industry required (including customer facing or claim administration roles)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong de-escalation and problem-solving skills
- Great attention-to-detail in every task
- Experience with ticketing software (Zendesk, Kustomer, Gladly, etc.)
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – does what it takes to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial interest, a passion for pets and an excitement to work in a start-up
- Effective ability to prioritize & perform a variety of tasks on short notice in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience with Customer Service in Pet Insurance industry - a major plus
- Prior experience in the pet healthcare industry
- Proficiency in MS Excel and G-Suite tools
- Other languages at a fluent level (writing and conversing); Spanish preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive contributions to medical, dental and vision for colleagues and dependents.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays401k with company match.
- Pumpkin Insurance and preventative care for every pet in your family.
- The opportunity to join a team where every team member has the autonomy and support they need to boss their role and make empowered decisions.
- Pet Friendly Offices, Stocked Kitchens, Team Workouts, Team Outings and much more!
Pumpkin's Core Values:
Pets Come First: Put what’s best for pets at the center of everything we do
Trust the Pack: Help families make empowered pet care decisions
Jump Fences: If there’s a will, there’s always a way over them
Share Toys: Be generous with our gifts and amazing things will happen
Dig New Holes: Challenge conventions to create the future of pet health care
Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Pumpkin is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description