Leasing Specialist at Amherst
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
Leasing Specialist Job Description – 11.08.21
A day in the life of a Leasing Specialist:
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the branch Leasing Department, including but not limited to prospect management, application/screening processing and market analysis. Remaining In compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as all company policies and procedures. This role requires an active real estate license and reports to the Branch Leasing Manager or Senior Branch Leasing Manager. This is a full-time work from home position with hours of operation of 8-5 daily. Your supervisor will work with you to find the optimal times during the day so you can manage your schedule. The daily schedule will be M-F with rotating weekends assignments. During peak leasing season there will be occasional evening work required as job duties demand.
- Responsible for application management and ensuring that all cation information is correctly entered into the company’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Utilize daily/weekly reports to follow-up on assigned applications
- Ensure all applications are properly and efficiently qualified through the application process by collecting all required documentation (rental history and income verification) prior to screening
- Screen applicants and request exceptions by providing exception documentation when necessary
- Ensure all assigned marketed homes are properly published and syndicated to company approved/required 3rd party websites
- Some local travel is sometimes necessary to verify proper marketing path for each home – cleanliness, proper signage and presentation
- Meet weekly Service Level Agreements (SLA's) set by the Leasing Manager through the management of applicants, leads, and prospects reporting, as well as, utilizing sales tactics and efficiency
- Responsible for Marketing path of assigned homes - perform market analysis and writeups for CPR (Critical Property Reviews) for marketed homes in conjunction with Revenue Management
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to have:
- Must be willing to get your Real Estate License in the residing state or assigned within 6 months of employment
- 1-2 years of Property Management experience is preferred
- This is a work from home position, so requirements include:
- High Speed Internet connection
- Dedicated Home office workspace
- Main Street will provide all equipment and a monthly stipend for internet and office supplies
- Additionally, Main Street will provide a one-time office setup reimbursement
- Current and valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word; as well as prospect and resident management systems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Just a few other things you should know:
- MSR will reimbursement you for state real estate licensing classes and testing
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Travel to our properties around the metro area may be required.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.