Lean Six Sigma Black Belt at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The lean six sigma black belt is a facilitative leader accountable for process improvements yielding bottom-line productivity and improved delivery for the assigned plant. The position oversees lean six sigma transformation within the plant, including deployment strategy, planning, training, coaching, project management, and tool development while managing all activities associated with the design, implementation and sustainment of lean production and management systems. Specific focus on knowledge transfer, training and guidance in fact-based problem solving, continuous improvement tools and techniques.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Collaborates with plant operations director to prioritize, select and resource projects critical to achieving plant goals for customer satisfaction, operating KPI targets and year-over-year, bottom-line benefits; leads, manages and coaches plant-wide improvement projects and initiatives.
- Facilitates change and supports the deployment, adoption and sustainment of Lean thinking and a Lean-based Management System within assigned plant; teaches and coaches Lean leadership principles and behaviors including servant leadership, A3 thinking, and Lean daily management routines including the use of visual management.
- Develops and implements strategy for fostering basic problem solving (PDCA) knowledge and behavior at all levels; this includes coaching, training and driving disciplined application of fact-based, root-cause thinking.
- Teaches, facilitates, coaches and ensures adherence to established standards for value stream mapping/analysis, kaizen improvement (workshops and daily kaizen) and 5S (workshops, daily improvement and sustainment); makes decisions about the design of value stream analyses and kaizen workshops.
- Guides project leaders and teams through application of lean six sigma tools and techniques (DMAIC, PDCA, root cause analysis, risk assessment/FMEA, kaizen, design for six sigma, mistake proofing); coaches and mentors green belt and yellow belt candidates and participates in daily problem solving activities with focus on knowledge transfer.
- Teaches and coaches standardized work development, documentation, training, adherence, improvement and management.
- Constantly seeks to identify, share and facilitate adoption of best practices to eliminate waste and improve performance at assigned location and across BPNCA.
- Collaborates with plant operating systems manager (OSM) to conduct process analysis and performance reporting in support of internal client needs.
- Required to present, educate, train and facilitate at all levels and to external audiences.
- Evaluates and revises training materials and supporting tools as needed.
- Supports day-to-day operation of the BPNCA Lean Six Sigma department and performs other duties, responsibilities and/or projects as assigned.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education with a degree in Engineering, Business, Quality or Management
- Job related experience for a minimum of 5 (five) years combined process, project or/and relevant functional experience actively driving continuous improvement; manufacturing setting preferred with functional expertise in production, quality, product service or engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification through a recognized, national organization
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, perform complex tasks, organize and follow through consistently and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven team builder and leader
- Organizational performance dashboard or scorecard development experience
- Strong written and oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrable skill in teaching, coaching and influencing leaders; ability to influence upward, across and down with skill, grace and humor and without formal authority
- Change leadership experience; willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Intellectually, emotionally and logically capable and confident; has the wisdom, intelligence and stature to quickly gain credibility and become a trusted advisor to plant staff.
- Application experience and skill (MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word; MINITAB, JMP or other analysis package)
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC methodology applied to process design or process improvement in a production environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 97,500- 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans