Founded in 2014, Lingo Live is the foremost skill-based communication and leadership coaching company that supports global talent in contributing their unique potential and gaining the confidence they need to share their opinions openly, build trust, and communicate across teams. Learn more about our two impactful product offerings here
You’re ready to blaze a new trail in coaching, rooted in ethical coaching practices and exceptional client service. You embody a growth-mindset - “resting on laurels” is not a phrase in your proverbial vocabulary! Modern coaching and leadership development are constantly evolving, and you see an opportunity to make a difference in this space. Your efforts will amplify across the organizations we serve, reaching thousands of people who are counting on us now more than ever. To make sense of this new world. To find their authentic voice. To muster the courage to build a better future.
Lingo Live is global (as are our customers) and fully remote. Work from wherever you call home.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Coach your coachees 1:1 in developing or honing leadership skills that may be contributing to, or hindering their overall leadership effectiveness, and determine ways of enhancing, or changing, behavior in critical factors of leadership success
- Assist mid-level managers and emerging leaders (not Executives) in outlining a plan that supports them in unlocking their unique leadership potential
- Apply exceptional communication, analytical, client service skills to facilitate engaging virtual sessions with a Skills-Based Coaching approach for tangible behaviour change
- Thoughtfully and intentionally prepare for coaching sessions, tailoring curriculum to suit coachees' individual needs; prepare valuable and comprehensive post-session feedback; provide reading or activities to bolster learning and skill growth
- Demonstrate integrity and uphold the highest ethical standards for conduct, client confidentiality, and privacy
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in the fields of coaching, leadership, and individual and organization improvement; Share best practices with other members of the Coaching Community
- Remain committed to independent professional development and continued craft mastery
- You not only relate to Lingo Live’s values (listed below), but you already use them in your own coaching practice
Your Journey Thus Far (Role Requirements)
- Several years experience in a 1:1 Leadership coaching capacity, particularly high potentials, mid-level, and emerging leaders; Leading coaching circles or group facilitation is an asset
- Proven familiarity with performance optimization, appreciative inquiry concepts, and approach with a strong preference for those who have competency in Skills-Based Coaching experience
- Deep understanding of leadership and professional skills development and effective adult learning principles;
- Experience incorporating and debriefing at least one type of 360 Feedback Assessment and preparing comprehensive and impactful post-session feedback
- ICF, IPEC, Integral accredited coaching certification, and/or substantial experience coaching leaders at multiple levels.; Strengths Finder or Enneagram certification is intriguing
- Understanding and appreciation of D&I concepts, inclusive leadership, cultural awareness with a global lens
- Familiarity and willingness to function in independent contractor model, accounting for both benefits and limitations
- Access to a reliable internet connection (for video conferencing), a confidential space for hosting client sessions via Zoom, and proficiency with Gsuite, Zoom (screen shares and video functionality), Slack, and other basic internet technologies.
- Strong operational experience in business, tech, management, or the startup world is a definite plus
Why coach with Lingo Live?
- Maintain and manage your own coachee base and lesson schedule
- Work with coachees from a pool of globally respected and elite enterprise clients sourced by and provided to you by Lingo Live
- Build long-lasting relationships with driven and motivated coachees
- Enjoy direct and personal support from our passionate Coaching, Success, and Support teams; you will never be just a number at Lingo Live!
- Maintain creative control over your sessions and be celebrated for your unique experience
- Be a part of our vibrant Slack community and enjoy a community of practice with coaches around the world
Equipment and Technical Requirements
- Device: Laptop or desktop computer, Mac or PC
- Camera: HD External camera or HD integrated camera
- Headset: Headset or earbud headphones with a microphone and stable output and input
- Lighting: Natural light or bright environment to ensure your face is well-lit
- Broadband/high-speed internet: At least 10 Mbps
- Meets all requirements listed for the zoom client
The Fine Print
Coaching professionals are contracted to deliver 45-minute 1-on-1 sessions via video conference and deliver valuable and comprehensive written feedback (no copy and pasting!) during a 15-minute feedback window after the session
Payment is on a per session and per written feedback basis
Session/feedback rates are discussed upon acceptance for platform registration
Our clients are globally distributed and Lingo Live is committed to the principles of equity and inclusion. As such, we encourage candidates who speak multiple languages, BIPOC and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
Lingo Live’s Core Values
- Embrace reality with an open mind
- Lead with what you know is right
- Rise by lifting others
- Underpromise, overdeliver
- No one is going to die
- Grit matters more than talent