Leader, MSP Architecture - Global Service Provider at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As the Leader of MSSP Architecture for Global Service Provider, you will be responsible for leading a global team focused on training and enabling our major strategic MSSPs to consume our technologies and create managed services based on our 5 key technological pillars: SASE / MDR / Cloud Security / SOAR / Mobility(5G). You raise the bar, providing the guidance and tools your team will need to continue to perform and excel within their positions. You’ll partner closely with your team to find opportunities for training, product development feedback, and changes to our sales approach. You enjoy developing highly skilled talent, committing your time to enable their success and accomplishments.
Your team will support MSSPs to position, sell and compete using the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform & technology solutions. You will develop deep relationships with MSSP Field and exec teams to create and expand Palo Alto Networks' mindshare. You will influence, encourage and urge an MSSP to propose Palo Alto Networks solutions for all related service opportunities within their customer base and be responsible for their technical execution. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of security engineers will keep them ahead of the latest cyberthreats and stay on the leading edge of prevention and detection.
You will be responsible for technically supporting our MSSP strategy and driving partners such as Global Systems Integrators or Service Providers to build best of breed services requiring you to have prior experience selling and deploying network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, IDS/IPS and Security Proxies. It is mandatory to have SASE (SecAAS, SDWAN, DLP, CASB) and cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Knowledge of advanced endpoint security technologies and automation is a strong benefit.
Experience in building MSSP solutions and their technical integration with backend provisioning and billing systems would be beneficial.
- Be a Palo Alto Networks technical evangelist: deep understanding of both security and networking fundamentals
- Coach security engineers on your team to engage with customer contacts on value driven relationships
- Solid understanding of MSSP business dynamics
- Forge meaningful relationships with MSSP technical sales influencers with an ongoing, persistent dialog to build vendor preference for Palo Alto Networks
- Identify and build the Palo Alto Networks proposition for MSSP Partners to onboard and build services based on Palo Alto Networks
- Deliver company positioning and messaging for our SP Solutions to customers, partners, and external audiences
- Deliver highly technical, strategic content to external audiences to help educate and empower our clients, partners, and employees
- Recruit and hire new security engineers into the territory
- Onboarding, training, and mentoring your new and established team members to maintain a high level of technical capability and independence
- Influence sales process by partnering with clients and prospective customers to implement best practices within their digital environments
- Support field security engineering teams in complex POCs, troubleshooting, and challenges found in customer environments
- Assist with defining periodic SE/security engineering training curriculum
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
- Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing SP security trends and standard methodologies being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district
- Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
- Leverage client and SE/security engineering feedback to provide meaningful details around our service and product offerings to the appropriate internal departments for improvements
- Travel of up to 50%
- Experience as a pre-sales Systems Engineering Manager or Consulting Engineering
- Past Systems Engineering Management experience with teams responsible for Tier 1 Service Providers
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the MSSP Sales and Technical Sales organization
- Comfortable with creating technical content and delivery via a variety of methods – whiteboard, webinars, recorded videos, blog posts, etc
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE/security engineer
- Solid understanding of security and networking solutions in multi-tenant environments to include the operational design of IDS/IPS, NGFW, SD-WAN, Routing with IPSEC overlays and failover, endpoint protection, and SIEM.
- Demonstrable experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba)
- Experience designing, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security services/products
- Proficiency with scripting and programming languages related to API integration and service automation.
- Experience with L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching, IP routing w/ BGP, L4 Load balancing)
As part of our Global SP Security Architecture Team, you’ll support the local SP teams with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key MSSP clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Global SP systems/security engineering team, you will be part of the most senior technical organization and you will need to show strong motivation in a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients and partners to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.