Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
In this role, you will design a robust third party security assessment program. You will also lead security and business continuity risk assessments of vendors and third parties to identify and reduce risk across Circle’s extended enterprise. You will provide security expertise to integrate vendors into Circle’s enterprise, and analyze and resolve identified risks. You will also support other projects and tasks across the security and technology risk functions as required.
What you'll work on:
- Design and build Circle’s enhanced vendor security assessment program
- Proactively identify areas for program improvement
- Triage Circle’s third parties for inherent risk
- Lead third party security and resiliency/BCP assessments to identify issues and residual risk
- Collaborate with business partners to develop security requirements for third party integrations
- Maintain an accurate list of third parties including vendors, partners, and public blockchains
- Perform continuous (security) monitoring of Circle’s third party portfolio
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Collaborate with other risk functions to conduct public blockchain assessments for future variants of USDC
- Support other security and technology risk projects such as critical process analysis, employee training, and mentoring junior team members
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field
- 7+ years of experience in cybersecurity, technology risk and compliance, or internal audit
- Expertise communicating security risk to both technical and non technical teams
- Ability to take a deep dive into technical controls to determine control effectiveness
- Experience working in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and adapt to ambiguity
- Creative problem-solver; can recommend and implement changes to improve pre-established processes and procedures
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency fundamentals highly desirable
- Certifications such as CISSP, CTPRP, CISA, CISM, or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote