Lead Technical Support Engineer at StackHawk
Are you a passionate technical support professional, looking for your next career adventure and an opportunity to lead and define how technical support is done at a rapidly growing company? If so, read on. StackHawk is growing, and is looking for our first dedicated Technical Support Engineer to help our customers and prospects solve issues they might encounter configuring or using our application security scanning product. This role will provide a first-line of support for customers and prospects, and will enable our organization to continue to scale. As our first dedicated technical support person, you will be expected to define how we do technical support at StackHawk - establishing processes and tools, improving documentation and operationalizing the support process. You will get the opportunity to learn all about the inner workings of application development, DevOps, CI/CD, APIs and Application Security. This is an important foundational role for the company, and one that has lots of career growth potential as the company grows!What You’ll Do
- Respond to technical support requests from customers and prospects
- Assist customers and prospects configuring and using the StackHawk product and navigate a breadth of different technology configurations, environments and application architectures
- Triage and troubleshoot technical issues to help identify the root cause and advise customers on how to resolve issues
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to better understand the product, provide feedback and suggestions for possible product enhancements, and escalate issues and bugs when necessary
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to enable customers and prospects to be successful with the StackHawk product
- Review and continually improve support documentation
- Provide an excellent level of customer service
- Establish a technical support process, defining how it should operate, the tools and processes it should use, important success metrics, and how it will interact with other parts of the company
- You are a great Tech Support individual contributor or manager looking for that next step up and are excited about getting into the weeds of supporting StackHawk users
- You have a passion for providing excellent customer service and support
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a high degree of empathy and a desire to help people solve problems
- Strong troubleshooting skills, which require curiosity, persistence, patience and logical reasoning ability
- Demonstrated technical skills - such as familiar working in a Unix/Linux command line, familiarity with Docker, basics of how web applications work, shell scripting, familiarity with API protocols such as REST, SOAP or GraphQL
- Ability and interest to learn complex technical concepts, retain and apply learnings
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience establishing and improving a process where none may exist
- Can operate in a self-directed manner
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $80k to $130k, or commensurate with experience.