Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Lead Technical Consultant position will support the Discover Digital Products. This individual will be responsible for technical support of our Client facing projects. The position will lead and guide the work of technical staff, participate in an agile work team serves as the voice for business and technical delivery. The Lead Technical Consultant will manage the holistic Client testing process for our Digital Platform, including boarding, the creation of test plans and test execution.
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Participate in an agile work team. Break down features into user stories and serve as the liaison between business and technical groups. Plan, size, assess impacts, monitor progress, and report on work initiatives.
- Develop and maintain well-developed user stories from prioritized features. Ensure that each user story is aligned with product vision, has adequate acceptance criteria, and meets the definition of ready.
- Makes decisions regarding functionality and priority of work efforts. Provides product and technical consultation to working teams in order to drive results. Sign off to accept each user story.
- Solve problems critical to the success of project initiatives. Partner with teams to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Participate in planning events, team demos, system demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt workshops, and other ceremonies.
- Develop and maintain project plans to drive results on new project initiatives. Ensure tasks, deliverables, and schedule commitments are met. Promote a risk aware culture to ensure efficient and effective compliance management standards and processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of work as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Payments, Relationship Management, IT or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of work as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Payments, Relationship Management, IT or related
- 2+ years of experience in the Payments Industry
- Experience in working with and integrating APIs (JSON) with external Clients required
- Prior development experience required, preferably in Java
- Prior experience with SOAP UI and POSTMAN required
- Experience in defect tracking tools (i.e. Quality Center, Jira) required
- Prior functional testing experience required
- Knowledge of “developer portals/sandbox environments” required
- Understanding of the Agile methodology
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.