Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Support
Our Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they are progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Lead, Digitalization and Tooling
At Gemini, our governance roles are critical to the successful growth and maintenance of our world class Support organization, by enabling our high performance teams. This happens through the continuous improvement of our customer experience and operational excellence, in which you will play a leading role.
A Lead in our Customer Support organization is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and realizing complex projects/programs. In this role, you'll use your knowledge and experience of Customer Support digitalization and tooling to help us build new channels, and greatly improve the efficiency in our current channels. You'll have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, add whatever you see fit to your scope, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
- Manage programs and projects to further digitalize Gemini’s Customer Support organization with new and existing tools and integrations to improve quality and efficiency. Both for customers and agents.
- Closely collaborate with Support leadership and other departments to gather requirements and find the best possible solutions.
- Implement solutions on time and within budget.
- Helping Gemini scale should be a key consideration in all decision making.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation.
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of projects and key initiatives.
- Active cross-departmental stakeholder management and collaboration for key initiatives.
- Identify and communicate cross-department business impacts and dependencies of project progress, decisions, and risks.
- Track record of successful digitization projects within a CS organization, specifically with Zendesk, as a live chat and ticketing system, Zendesk integrations, API’s, and other AI applications (like translations).
- 3+ years of experience in a similar digitalization role within Customer Support, fintech CS experience a plus.
- Experience leveraging third party APIs using Python to create workflow improvements and automations.
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to manage a large number of stakeholders for concurrent, large initiatives.
- High level of experience and comfort working in international business contexts.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and be the driving force behind the success of your program & projects.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering, product management, marketing and business teams.
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains.
- Ability to coach others and be coached.
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways.
- Advanced experience with progress reporting and Project Management software, including spreadsheet/excel expertise and moderate Jira/Confluence skills.
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical concentration (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc…)
- Experience working within the financial industry.
- Affinity with financial markets, exchanges, and/or cryptocurrency.
- Experience working with and managing vendors.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.