Lead Customer Researcher - South Africa, remote at GoDaddy
Location: South Africa, remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
As a Lead Customer Researcher at GoDaddy, you’ll align with an allocated customer segment and company initiatives to work on the bigger picture. You will be an enthusiastic customer advocate, driving primary research that answers key questions, and evangelizing insights and research as a practice with stakeholders of all levels across the company. And you’ll be joining a team of researchers who are customer-obsessed and aren’t afraid to show it!
- Usability testing
- Product benchmarking
- Concept testing
- Contextual inquiry
- Participatory design
- Competitive experience analysis
- Survey design and analysis
- Comfortable with market research, including messaging, naming, market opportunity, and competitive landscape
- Experienced with taking an active role in defining research objectives and selecting the appropriate method(s) to get the insights needed to develop hypotheses for experimentation, inform business decisions and help guide product and marketing roadmaps to successful outcomes
- Able to effectively communicate actionable and strategic insights that resonate with the audience, from project level stakeholders to senior leadership teams and beyond
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Applied Psychology, Human Factors, Sociology or related field
- 5+ years’ experience planning and conducting primary research in the technology space
- Demonstrable knowledge of the digital product lifecycle
- Proven track record working cross-functionally with a wide range of roles including UX/Design, Product, Product Marketing and other departments to develop and execute a research roadmap
- Strong project management skills with a history of successfully prioritizing projects, managing your own time and meeting deadlines
You might also have...
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods
- Working knowledge of Design Thinking, Jobs to Be Done and other strategic frameworks
- Experience with a leading role in facilitating workshops to promote research as a practice
- Experience mentoring junior researchers
- A high amount of curiosity that continually drives you
- A passion for playing a key role in creating extraordinary customer experiences and products that help customers succeed
- Experience owning a small business or side hustle
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.