Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for assessing first-line business processes and controls used to monitor and test for adherence with federal and state regulatory requirements. The role collaborates with management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans, and communicates the scope and severity of concerns identified to the applicable level of management.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates general knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Discover third-party risk management (TPRM) and procurement policies, to identify key risk and controls of the business line third party relationships, and evaluate all elements of third-party relationship compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk Office) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., TPRM) to develop, implement and monitor effective third-party oversight
- Perform testing to review first line oversight of third-party relationships, to ensure adequate coverage of third party risks in context of business activities
- Manages activities of the Compliance Testing staff (direct/indirect) and is responsible for the overall integrity and quality of the work product.
- Creates and maintains testing work papers and supporting documentation. Writes findings regarding compliance testing results.
- Collaborates with various levels of management within the areas of responsibilities, including the risk functions within the First Line of Defense. Evaluates and tests the adequacy of transactions and business processes with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirement identifying gaps and issues.
- Monitors and validates the status of corrective actions taken by business partners to remediate concerns. Creates and maintains testing work papers and supporting documentation. Writes findings regarding compliance testing results.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements. Supports Compliance Management in developing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise-wide Compliance Program and a culture of compliance.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Legal
- 4+ years of experience in consumer compliance, financial services, risk
- In Lieu of Education Experience 8+ years' experience in compliance, financial services, risk including consumer compliance testing, quality assurance, regulatory examination or audit
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in consumer compliance testing, quality assurance, regulatory examination and/or audit
- Experience in assessing control frameworks and/or third party management compliance processes
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified Internal Auditor
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.